• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
sniper said:
for real.
u gotta be pulling my leg.

So what exactly are gooner and doc arguing for?
#nobrainer

No crime about him writing about his experiences this year with Sky. I will be intrigued to read it and see what the inner circle of the team is like. I'm sure some people think everything he writes on the sport should be doping orientated. There are other things to report in the sport as well, I hope you know.

I'm not going to judge a book before I read it which is advice you should take up yourself after yesterday with Walsh's piece. Remember the book hasn't even been published yet and we see it getting pre-judged already which adds credence to saying you and your like have a preconceived stance on Walsh currently.

I know I am out of touch here but how much access did Walsh actually have at SKY? Was he staying in the same hotel as the team riders during races? Did he have access to the team bus at the end of stages or beforehand, did he travel with the team between stages?

Whilst I find some of his logic and pandering to SKY a bit strange, if Walsh had the level of access I quoted above, it would be pretty hard to miss stuff.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
I know I am out of touch here but how much access did Walsh actually have at SKY? Was he staying in the same hotel as the team riders during races? Did he have access to the team bus at the end of stages or beforehand, did he travel with the team between stages?

Whilst I find some of his logic and pandering to SKY a bit strange, if Walsh had the level of access I quoted above, it would be pretty hard to miss stuff.

From his tweets it appears at one time or another he did do all those things.

But for me that is almost irrelevant, because he alone can not follow everyone at all times, if Sky (or anyone else) wants to get the gear in, it would be pretty easy to do.
Remember, when Frankie read Tylers book there were lots of new revelations for even him, and was on the same team.

I believe even Kimmage pointed out that being 'inside' is in itself pointless - however, for Walsh it is an opportunity to record, engage with and observe the team. If something is going on it usually unravels on the inconsistency of statements or procedures that has been given.
Walsh has all that, so he will be first to spot any discrepancy or inconsistency - because that is what he does.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:

But for me that is almost irrelevant, because he alone can not follow everyone at all times, if Sky (or anyone else) wants to get the gear in, it would be pretty easy to do.
Remember, when Frankie read Tylers book there were lots of new revelations for even him, and was on the same team.

I believe even Kimmage pointed out that being 'inside' is in itself pointless - however, for Walsh it is an opportunity to record, engage with and observe the team. If something is going on it usually unravels on the inconsistency of statements or procedures that has been given.
Walsh has all that, so he will be first to spot any discrepancy or inconsistency - because that is what he does.
whether he then reports on it is of course an entirely different matter. But otherwise good post.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
from "why i believe in froome":
Because Froome was likely to be the team's star rider, he was the one I most wanted to know.
so he wants to know all the ins and outs about froome, but doesn't care about seeing his pre-2011-vuelta data.

#sellout

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
from "why i believe in froome":

so he wants to know all the ins and outs about froome, but doesn't care about seeing his pre-2011-vuelta data.

#sellout
How do you know he doesn't care?
He is a journalist, I would assume he knows as much about the 'data' as you do.

#whatswiththehastags

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
The team are addicted to detail; pineapple juice to make water more drinkable, every bike checked and passed by two mechanics, riders before staff in the restaurant and when the next day's plan is distributed in the evening, you read it and think they could invade China.

so david, how did sky's inquiry into leinders pan out?
was it 40 days, or 80?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
so david, how did sky's inquiry into leinders pan out?
was it 40 days, or 80?
You are the one reading the ST articles - so you should be able to read what Walsh wrote on Brailsford/Leinders.

#oristhatnotonpastebinyet

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
You are the one reading the ST articles - so you should be able to read what Walsh wrote on Brailsford/Leinders.

#oristhatnotonpastebinyet

i read as little as possible/necessary by walsh on sky because it's boring science fiction, really.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
i read as little as possible/necessary by walsh on sky because it's boring science fiction, really.

Thats up to you, but it highlights your bias when you clutter up the place posting about something that you don't bother reading.

Edit - can you refrain from deleting posts. If you don't want to post something, then don't hit post.
Once you do, own it.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
This has been a terrific Tour de France and it has delivered a great new champion, one who started out in Kenya's Ngong hills and learnt to love the bike while riding with a group of black friends. It was his good fortune to enter the sport when anti-doping controls were becoming more effective and attitudes changing.
i think what walsh means here is that with anti-doping controls becoming more effective, sky was in need of a guy for saddle sores.

Leinders.jpg

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Thats up to you, but it highlights your bias when you clutter up the place posting about something that you don't bother reading.

Edit - can you refrain from deleting posts. If you don't want to post something, then don't hit post.
Once you do, own it.
never mind.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
All of a sudden sniper starts to read Walsh's articles. Sorry man, that hole was dug too deep. Man, you should have listened to the warning. You built a rod for your own back when you got caught out judging Walsh's journalism without reading his pieces. You even admitted in the deleted post above that you read little from him so thanks for confirming once again your set default position now with Walsh. It was only deleted in the first place because you knew you slipped up on your own nonsense.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
gooner said:
All of a sudden sniper starts to read Walsh's articles. Sorry man, that hole was dug too deep. Man, you should have listened to the warning. You built a rod for your own back when you got caught out judging Walsh's journalism without reading his pieces. You even admitted in the deleted post above that you read little from him so thanks for confirming once again your set default position now with Walsh. It was only deleted in the first place because you knew you slipped up on your own nonsense.
"as little as possible/necessary".
must be hard to read with blinders on.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
sniper said:
"as little as possible/necessary".
must be hard to read with blinders on.

Nice nitpicking. Pretty obvious from the bolded you left out, you don't want to read them. It's a set default position but you're quick to throw your opinion around on it even without dissecting what he has written. You've been caught rotten on all this, just admit it.

Dr. Maserati said:

I agree with this post.

To add to the bolded, like for example if 1 person says Froome got his Bilharzia treatment before the Tour of Romandie and the other one says it was after Romandie and before California.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I agree with this post.

To add to the bolded, like for example if 1 person says Froome got his Bilharzia treatment before the Tour of Romandie and the other one says it was after Romandie and before California.

While I know where you are going - I would not totally hang 2 different people on what they say without clarification. On bilharzia I find it more odd that it keeps returning.

A better example re Walsh is he has on record that there are 2 TUEs over 16 months. Sky cannot possibly turn around and dismiss it if someone shows that to be untrue.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
im lovin it.

Of course you are, pulling selective pieces.

But this is the Walsh thread - what did Walsh say about Leinders and did he work out how many days he did actually worked (and was not just contracted to work).
Thanks

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Of course you are, pulling selective pieces.

But this is the Walsh thread - what did Walsh say about Leinders and did he work out how many days he did actually worked (and was not just contracted to work).
Thanks

the important question is did walsh point out brailsford's contradiction?

if he did i will admit my post was a fallacy.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
the important question is did walsh point out brailsford's contradiction?

if he did i will admit my post was a fallacy.

You're assuming its a contradiction. As you should well know, sometimes people say something and it was not clarified.

Leinders had worked 44 of his 80-day contract in 2012 when Theo de Rooy, former directeur sportif at Rabobank, did an interview with journalist Mark Miserus for the Dutch newspaper de Volksrant. De Rooy said there had been a doping programme at Rabobank and that Leinders had been part of it.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
You're assuming its a contradiction. As you should well know, sometimes people say something and it was not clarified.

ok, so
(2010 > ?)
2011 > 67 days
2012 > 44 days
= 111 days at least

This is what brailsford said:
But hiring one doctor, who worked for 40 days, does that means we're doping now, are we?
If that's not deliberately wrongfooting the press&fans, i don't know what is.

TRENDING THREADS