• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

Page 101 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ok, joking over. Lets be serious for one second.

We are clinicians, so no lies between us.

All those snippets we saw, they weren't really written by Walsh nor are they from his latest book . Those snippets and paragraphs were really just written by the hog and fearlessgreglemond as a joke and this is all one massive jerkoff.

Right?

The Hitch said:

All those snippets we saw, they weren't really written by Walsh nor are they from his latest book . Those snippets and paragraphs were really just written by the hog and fearlessgreglemond as a joke and this is all one massive jerkoff.

Right?

And the inspiration came from Coyle's book "Lance Armstrong's War"

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Parrulo said:
I suggest:

1- All passages are added to OP by a mod so search for the right passage is easier
2- All passages should be named "walsh "Number of page":"number of page in chapter"

I know that the number of page in chapter could be annoying and i admit i don't really know how the book is structured but this would probably give most quotes a more accurate biblical name. Like Walsh 3:16 instead of Walsh 8:158, as imo it sounds better with only 3 numbers :eek:

What do you guys think?

What about the thread tittle? :p

Thread title should obviously be "the book of Walsh" :D

I think its a good idea. Maybe the thread should be locked to avoid arguing so it can just serve as a collection of inconsistencies?

The Hitch said:

We are clinicians, so no lies between us.

Right?

Not even I could write that ridiculously! I've been had. Walsh is a better comedy writer than me!

I shall retire.

But yes all is real. Even the butterfly story.

But not the group hug one. That was me doing a Walsh impression.

Parrulo said:
I suggest:

1- All passages are added to OP by a mod so search for the right passage is easier
2- All passages should be named "walsh "Number of page":"number of page in chapter"

I know that the number of page in chapter could be annoying and i admit i don't really know how the book is structured but this would probably give most quotes a more accurate biblical name. Like Walsh 3:16 instead of Walsh 8:158, as imo it sounds better with only 3 numbers :eek:

What do you guys think?

What about the thread tittle? :p
My vote goes to Walsh's little red book

May 26, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Ha. I can't believe you still think wiggins is going to voluntarily give up all his own money, his knighthood, his children's education and their future, his victories, everything he has spent and risked his life to achieve for absolutely no reason.

Wigans is weak mentally, one day he will spill. it will eat him.

Benotti69 said:
Wigans is weak mentally, one day he will spill. it will eat him.

ok, so someone who has shown he will go to any and all lenghts to get what he wants, is just going to voluntarily give up everything he has, riches, fame, respect, family, in favour of living away the rest of his days in poverty misery and disgrace.

Wait, why exactly is he going to do this?

thehog said:
Not even I could write that ridiculously! I've been had. Walsh is a better comedy writer than me!

I shall retire.
Haha.. Couple of years ago I heard a comedian saying, that his job was impossible. Since the world has gotten so ridiculous, that you could just open a newspaper, to find your comedy. So he struggled to top, all the ridiculous stuff people said when they where not joking.. I think he would have sympathy with your problem:p

As entertaining as they all sound imo the title of this proposed thread imo shouldn't give the usual suspects the opportunity to dismiss the thread without reading the thread, or cause fence sitters to see it as something that will be biased.

Diplomatic and no biases imo. Just, the "counterargument to Walsh" or "inconsistencies with Walsh's book" or something.

Rollthedice said:
Some thread titles:

Butterfly on a Wheel
Jesus, Barabas and the Holy Tour
Talewind

Walsh even manages to get in a:

"Hiring Leinders was a mistake but he's not Ferrari".

Sweet Lord Jesus! Leinders the friendly neighbourhood doping doctor and human plasma injector!

I say the Book of Walsh is best. Keep it simple.

The Hitch said:
As entertaining as they all sound imo the title of this proposed thread imo shouldn't give the usual suspects the opportunity to dismiss the thread without reading the thread, or cause fence sitters to see it as something that will be biased.

Diplomatic and no biases imo. Just, the "counterargument to Walsh" or "inconsistencies with Walsh's book" or something.
Fair point really. "inconsistencies with Walsh's book" would be fine probably.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Parrulo said:
Hilarious how you can still defend Walsh after all this quotes from his book have been posted. Do you seriously not see the amount of BS that book contains? National bias never ceases to surprise me. . .

I don't know if you are referring to national bias with Walsh or Sky but frankly speaking either way, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. This coming from a mod who I thought was meant to stop all talk going down these lines.

First of all I have no affiliation with the UK be it with myself, family or friends. Secondly regarding Walsh, I have been critical of Kimmage a few times on this forum and the biggest time was on a subject that isn't even linked with Sky. I also criticised Shane Stokes up thread. Two Irish journalists, if you don't know that.:rolleyes:

skidmark said:
Aside from being terribly, terribly written from the excerpts that have been posted (overwrought, factually inaccurate, even worse use of hyperbole and metaphor than I'm used to for sports books) it seems to be a tremendous jerk-off of everything Sky related. Which is fine if you're being hired to write a rah-rah puff piece to inspire the masses, but having known Walsh only as the guy who did a decent job of investigative journalism against Armstrong when no one was willing to do so, this is an embarrassment.

Was LA Confidential this poorly written? Is his other work this fluffy? I've stayed out of this argument because I don't know enough to have a horse in the race and recognize that knowing more might mean caring which might mean getting immersed in the 2000 Sky threads, but holy crap this looks like a completely unobjective book.

Yes LA Confidential was dreadfully written but not flowery. All his books are poor often with several mistakes.

But alas this book was billed as:

After the victory of Bradley Wiggins and Team Sky in the 2012 Tour de France, the pressure was on the team to repeat their success in 2013. When Wiggins had to pull out of the defence of his yellow jersey, attention moved to Chris Froome, who had finished as runner-up the year before. Could he bring about back-to-back victories for the UK and for Team Sky? With team principal Sir Dave Brailsford at the helm, the levels of expectation were high. Nothing less than a win would do. Embedded within the team was top sportswriter David Walsh, who had been covering the sport for four decades. As the man who had done more than any other journalist to reveal the lies of Lance Armstrong, he has the reputation for exposing the dark secrets that cycling would want to keep hidden. His inside story, from how Team Sky prepared for the Tour de France through to Froome's emphatic victory, is supported by insights from all the key members of the team, and provides a definitive account of a dramatic race that gripped cycling fans around the world.

gooner said:
I don't know if you are referring to national bias with Walsh or Sky but frankly speaking either way, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. This coming from a mod who I thought was meant to stop all talk going down these lines.

First of all I have no affiliation with the UK be it with myself, family or friends. Secondly regarding Walsh, I have been critical of Kimmage a few times on this forum and the biggest time was on a subject that isn't even linked with Sky. I also criticised Shane Stokes up thread. Two Irish journalists, if you don't know that.:rolleyes:

Your not Irish? Your IP suggested otherwise but who cares anyway? My point stands. How can you still defend walsh even after this book? Can you answer me that?

And the whole JTL argument is total BS. It's just like saying: "hey that SOB raped 50 women" "ya but he cuddled a kitten last night, so he's alright"

The whole JTL thing looks more and more like a decoy to make Walsh seem unbiased before this book was released.