• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

Page 196 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
ebandit said:
There are.....do your own googling.....Kimmage setting himself up as the saviour of clean cycling.......

So, he managed to get what he (and you guys) had been salivating for.....an interview with Froome

......and Kimmage bombed.

Mark L

I thought the Froome's approached Kimmage? Perhaps they were looking for a solid journalist and not the fairy ghost writer Walsh.

Maybe the Froome's bombed? And you find it hard to admit?

TheSpud said:
Probably.

I just wonder how many people would write him off as being in Sky's pocket / lost the plot like they have done with Walsh.

Hypotheticals are poor. I'd stick to the facts. Murdoch journalist writes nice articles and books on cycling team and rider sponsored/paid by Murdoch. You really only have to join two dots on that one! :cool:

Mellow Velo said:
I read it. Digger talking about open minds. Excellent stuff.

Whatever else you can accuse digger of, how was digger not open-minded on this? It's not like he came in to the sport hating sky or Wiggins or froome. His attitude towards them is no different to the attitude he has held to tons of other riders in the past like lance and contador.

The thing they had in common is they were all lying through their teeth and as a number of examples in his post shoe, sky are clearly lying.

Digger said:
This is farcical but true. Walsh didn't even go in with an open mind. He went in believing. And here is an example. He believes in jv. He believed wiggins was clean in 09...he then thought it wasn't a big leap for wiggins to win in 2012....ergo sky are clean.
Few examples. He said that sky are clean because they are bad In classics! He said it's too difficult logistically to dope in a GT. He said wiggins might not necessarily have known for certain from his former Garmin teammates about lance....yet later said Floyd should have known in 02 when he joined USP that lance was doping. Floyd wasn't sure until he got on the team what was going on.
Walsh never once asked about the asthma and why he had never been told. Never asked to see vo2, never asked to see blood values. He spent half of a two thousand word article, which had the headline why froome is clean, telling us about Brailsford taking an iPhone picture, and pineapple flavored water. He said froome always had talent. Rubbish. Absolute tripe.
When he was going to interview wiggins, he had to be reminded of the lance love in and his comments on Floyd. This should have been first because it's so damning. Why would a clean rider say this stuff?
In 99 himself and pelkey said this is a farce because the average speeds are faster than last year when we know they were doping...in 07 he said ac is definitely doping because he's going faster than la ever did.
Dario cioni...when asked why he wasn't bothered if he might have doped? He said it's not worth ruining someone's life when he's not high up at sky. Last year he dismissed speeds and watts etc as a cottage industry. This year with nibali he was back citing it and sports of science guys.
Simple fact is this: sky are following their plan to the hilt. Wine and dine a select few journos, let them stay at hotels, collect them, impress them...it's been their Plan all along. Ironically USP did the same.
Walsh tells us it's down to marginal gains. Yet accepts he doesn't know how other teams prepare, thus negating the very definition of then being gains.
Re: wiggins it was said there was a spike in 09 values, Walsh said it wasn't a spike but a small increase! Said he'd get an independent haemogologist to view the data. He never did.

To anyone who says he went in with an open mind...rubbish. He went in to find ways of showing his conclusion to be correct. It was the opposite of investigation with an open mind.

By the way, there are numerous chapters about lance and his transformation being a red flag...regardless of whether you like or hate lance, how can anyone not agree that froome's transformation was far more dramatic...

I think Walsh has disgraced himself and it's unfortunate because like many others who shamed themselves with lance, this will be what he's remembered for when it all goes belly up.

Note: typed this from a phone with predictive text so please save the grammar police.

A lot of posters in this thread merely say "great post" to any post that holds the same message as the one they are trying to sell, but this actually is a great post. It contains pure cold facts, each of which is widely known and easily proven.

gooner said:
Rubbish.

I was watching the Arsenal v Man United earlier and had numerous disagreements with other Arsenal fans who were still defending Wenger. Close friends of 20 years who are fanatics on the club. These discussions have been going on for some time. Should I end these friendships because of some unconditional love I think they have for Wenger?

Give me a break.

Have your Wenger fans mocked those who don't like Wenger as a mob of people who Cant think for themselves and said that they are all butthurt lance Armstrong fans who are choosing Wenger (who they compare to Jesus being put on the cross for other people's sins)as a scapegoat because they are so evil they need to hurt someone innocent to feel better about themselves.

If the answer is no, then you may begin to see some of the weaknesses in your analogy.

The Hitch said:
A lot of posters in this thread merely say "great post" to any post that holds the same message as the one they are trying to sell, but this actually is a great post. It contains pure cold facts, each of which is widely known and easily proven.

Agreed. Walsh said this also... he never asked for the medicine cabinet. If he did do his job properly he might have known about Frome's TUE down the line.

Q. USPS were declaring a great deal more medical kit to the Tour de France organisers than other teams were. I wonder if there’s any mileage in asking teams like Sky not just to declare the contents of their medical chest at the big races, but to publish them?

"Yes, absolutely.

"I think that would be a great thing to do. That’s a really good point - and in fact I’m going to ask Sky to do that.

"I’m going to say ‘give me a list of all the medical products you’re carrying and tell me what it’s for. I will do that at the Giro, I’m there from the 13th of May and staying on the race until the end.

"Brailsford was involved with the track team for eighteen years, and no one really said that they were doing it in any way other than correctly, and I don’t believe after all that time he would suddenly change his ethics.

"I was with some of the Sky guys in Tenerife when they were training this year, and they didn’t bring any medical personnel, none. And when you consider that Ferrari was the key man for USPS in Tenerife…"

http://www.veloveritas.co.uk/2013/04/24/david-walsh-interview2/

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
ebandit said:
There are.....do your own googling.....Kimmage setting himself up as the saviour of clean cycling.......

So, he managed to get what he (and you guys) had been salivating for.....an interview with Froome

Mark L

Kimmage didn't bomb. It was a very good interview that made FRoome look even more guilty than he already is.

If the UCI could suspend riders based on interviews it would be a clear positive test.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
ebandit said:

Mark L

so there are none where Kimmage has actively written about it....hmmm trolling much Mark?:rolleyes:

a couple of ridiculous parts of the froome kimmage interview - yes I knew vino was a doper, no you didn't...I did, not fully....

and regarding the bilharzia - froome was blaming it...kimmage said why wasn't your blood affectd, cound said well it wasn't that bad!

Walsh telling us froome always had talent and using the contador stage.....whereby he 'beat' him - leaving out that AC punctured twice and crossed the line laughing to himself.

Do I have to do your thinking for you, Benotti?

Kimmage wants exposure...he creates a situation...makes it known......it gets reported as news....he gets asked about it.....he gets exposure.....what do you think the message was that he was desperate to put across?

Its how the media works Bennotti.....what do you think PR firms are paid to do??

Mark L

May 26, 2010
Visit site
ebandit said:
Do I have to do your thinking for you, Benotti?

Kimmage wants exposure...he creates a situation...makes it known......it gets reported as news....he gets asked about it.....he gets exposure

Its how the media works Bennotti.....what do you think PR firms are paid to do??

Mark L

so you still have no links that Kimmage did and wrote what you claimed was a 'career move' to end his friendship with Walsh.

So i was right you are trolling.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
ebandit said:
Wrote what?

Mark L

you claimed, prove it!

ebandit said:
........the comment was that Kimmage's highly self-publicised fallout with Walsh was a career move to try and get himself some attention after losing his job the previous year .............

He had a row with Walsh in an airport, were there other juornalists and a tv crew there to maximise this so called 'career move'?

Links please? where is all this self publicity you claim? Links or your a troll.

Digger said:
a couple of ridiculous parts of the froome kimmage interview - yes I knew vino was a doper, no you didn't...I did, not fully....

and regarding the bilharzia - froome was blaming it...kimmage said why wasn't your blood affectd, cound said well it wasn't that bad!

Walsh telling us froome always had talent and using the contador stage.....whereby he 'beat' him - leaving out that AC punctured twice and crossed the line laughing to himself.

Yes beating Alberto Contador on a mountain... :cool:

v8lv1f.jpg

Benotti69 said:
you claimed, prove it!

He had a row with Walsh in an airport, were there other juornalists and a tv crew there to maximise this so called 'career move'?

Links please? where is all this self publicity you claim? Links or your a troll.

Jeez are you illiterate? SELF publicised!!! He publicised it HIMSELF

How the hell do you think we know about it? HE talked about it

Mark L

May 26, 2010
Visit site
ebandit said:
Jeez are you illiterate? SELF publicised!!! He publicised it HIMSELF

Mark L

So most radio interviews are podcasted today, so links please or your trolling.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
ebandit said:
thehog said:
Come on, Mark, links... where are they?

You can't be serious?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/other-sports/kimmage-reveals-walsh-row-254390.html

Paul Kimmage has admitted he may never again speak to his one-time colleague David Walsh.

“It’s been very, very difficult. Let’s just say we have had a difference of opinion,” he said. “I spent about two hours in Dublin Airport screaming at him, letting him know exactly what I thought.

http://www.thescore.ie/paul-kimmage-david-walsh-row-1251374-Jan2014/

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/books/paul-kimmage-on-track-after-a-rough-ride-29886614.html

Oh look, a podcast!
https://soundcloud.com/secondcaptains-it-com/second-captains-july-23rd

TRENDING THREADS