• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Italians in Geelong

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Out riding today when a group of Pro riders clearly from Italy passed me heading into Geelong via the route the Men's world s course
I jumped in the bunch as they were travelling at a leisurely pace.

They were very talkative but I could not understand Italian and had no translation book to read .

They were lost so I sat in until the big hill so do they wait for me or find their own way.

No idea who they were one in Liquid Gas kit one in Katucha kit and two in Red white and green with a big van following

anyone know who they may be Italians in Geelong in mid winter they must have rocks in their heads.

Not sure if they came by boat of if imigration know they are here.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
brianf7 said:
No idea who they were one in Liquid Gas kit one in Katucha kit and two in Red white and green with a big van following
Nibali, Pozzato, Pelizzotti (if you saw a guy with blonde locks -- that's him).

Forget Pozzato -- he's riding in Austria.
________
Coach Handbags

May 6, 2009
Visit site
battery89 said:
Wonder how they found the local Geelong drivers

When told to "**** off and get off the road you posers", they all look blankly back all having NFI what the toothless slack jawed yokel hick said.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
When told to "**** off and get off the road you posers", they all look blankly back all having NFI what the toothless slack jawed yokel hick said.

Welcome to Australia! Were full of arseholes and impatient people when it comes to driving!

May 6, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Welcome to Australia! Were full of arseholes and impatient people when it comes to driving!

"Lol, get off the road ****, you don't pay taxes, lolz", oblivious to the fact that the majority of adult cyclists own a car etc.

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Geelong is sounding charming. :rolleyes:

Bet they regret the timing of their visit - cold wind, grey skies, bit of drizzle now and then. Dreary.

Then again, October is not the month I'd pick for a Melbourne - Geelong bike race, so perhaps they're getting a (slightly colder) realistic 'dress rehearsal' for the real thing.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
battery89 said:
Wonder how they found the local Geelong drivers

Not too bad it was fairly quiet in Corio and the water front but Moorabool st was busy. the rest was quiet.

We are good drivers in Geelong arnt we .

At least they did say good day or something like that in Italian but not sure I did jump on the back but didnt last long.

Thet certainly had a good dose of the local wind riding out from Werribee.It was blowing 45 knots head wind

May 28, 2010
Visit site
craig1985 said:
I wonder how they went riding on the left hand side of the road.

There is an article in the Geelong Advertiser today that states that they 'rolled through all of the red lights in the town center'. They were told this is not acceptable in Aus and apparantly replied that in Italy bikes and pedestrians have right of way over vehicles (?).....they assumed it was the same here! LOL

Given some of the behaviours we see from drivers down this way every weekend, I can only imagine what was going through the minds of the locals as these four riders blow all the reds in town!!!! :D

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Saddlesaw said:
They were told this is not acceptable in Aus and apparantly replied that in Italy bikes and pedestrains have right of way over vehicles (?).....they assumed it was the same here! LOL

it's not just riders who roll through red lights in italy, everyone does.

TRENDING THREADS