• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Its not possible to finish the Tour de France without doping

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
What do you guys think? Because, A few months ago this post was blatantly written on the Cutting Edge Muscle forums:

Novedex XT...generic.... not Gaspari brand name. Talk to a Chinese lab.

EPO...from China only... so the bro's can get a good price. Bro's should be able to get it for no more than $15 US for 5,000 iu's. The stuff is made in Chinese labs for less than $1 for 5000 iu's. Human identical Dynepo is best but alpha or beta is fine too.

HGH......at no more than $250 per 100 iu's...it's peanuts to make $.

Generic sports drink powder based on RG's Jet fuel formula. Make for pennies....less for a good profit but cheaper than powdered Gatorade in the stores.

Androgel 5grams packs

No insulin...because someone will end up dead for sure by not knowing what they are doing.

letrozole...best aromataze inhibitor to increase T output for recovery reasons, and a stronger choice compared to Novedex XT.

Niaspan.....to keep good cholesterol hdl levels good without the flush of regular niacin. Especially helpful when on aromatase inhibitors and especially the powerful ones like letrozole.
This would be a big seller with the bodybuilders "in the know" about how roids and high dose test hammer down hdl.

SERMS like Clomid and nolvadex....NO...not if you have generic Novedex XT because this stuff works just as well, or nearly so, with fewer sides.

Lets talk about EPO/ Blood doping (red blood cell jacking.) And the clinically proven 50% increase in VO2 max ride to exhaustion duration. 10 minutes to 15 minutes equals a 100 watts gain in the test! Your all out VO2 max power become your all out 1-hour time trial pace.

What about the Kenalog/Kenacort (triamcinolone) that Lance armstrong tested positive for on July 4th, 1999. It was for his saddle sores. But that drug also has many enhancing benefits.

My below quotes are from Cycling news itself:

"Former Cofidis professional Philippe Gaumont described his use of Cortisone in his own confession of how he avoided doping controls during competition, noting in one instance that he would scratch his testicles with salt to cause an inflammation which in turn would allow him to receive a prescription for a topical solution. This could be justified in light of doping controls, but instead of the ointment prescribed, different forms of the drug were used to enhance performance."

Some have seen up to a 10% increase in sustainable power with Actovegin (the plasma of a young calfs)."In the short time trials it was used in the morning, but for difficult stages where there would be a lot of attacks, it was injected the previous day," Manzano explained. "When preparing for a time trial the 'gas bus' is combined with bicarbonate, lactic acid, and a brand of caffeine that is injected in the buttocks, which by the way, really hurts." -Jesus Manzano

Nandralone
Just as Manzano previous described EPO as a tool used in training, given recent developments in identifying EPO in doping tests, he outlined the use of Nandralone as a training helper. He noted commercial brands such as Deca Druabolin from Argentina or Greece, either in injection form or as tablets. "They can be white, yellow, or red," he said, referring to what he also saw as clandestine production of the drug in Spain.

"People say that Nandralone is used in competition, but really it's used in the winter," Manzano added. "It's for training in the gym. You work out in the gym and Nandralone helps you... You can start taking Nandralone in October, because if you take too much while you're on the bike it can block you. It reduces power. It's more for the gym... used for building muscle."

Manzano noted that the tablet form was less effective than injections, but also less expensive. Use of Nandralone would often be tapered around December, depending upon the timing of a rider's objectives in the coming season.

Then there was the undetectable HGH, IGF-1 and Insulin...

On Blood doping:

"There were no cross checks...it could have been the blood of Pepito Flores," he said. He was injected with 125 ml of blood and immediately "I started to feel very, very bad. Chills and shivers, even with the blankets they gave me I felt colder than if I was at the North Pole."

"If they had put in half a litre I would have returned in a pine box," he continued. "They put 125-175 ml in me and this happened...I understood that the blood was at the Tour and wasn't stored properly."

Gérard Porte Tour doctor: "Manzano showed no signs of any sort of doping," he said. "Plus he recovered very quickly and was out of the hospital that same night."

Now to me that quote is HUGE. Because, if the race doctor would not admit there is doping going on that shows the mentality of both the ASO and the UCI.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/mar04/mar27news

One thing I find interesting about that link is right below it is Nathan O'Neill shifts goals. LOL.

Of course it's possible to finish the Tour clean. Many have done it. It's also possible to win it. How possible in today's climate? Hard to say. I'd like to believe Sastre won clean, though I'm not 100% convinced.

Ugly list there BigBoat; not of your making though. It just sucks that our sport was (is, at least in the public, look at these forums) consumed with doping. :(

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
I'm not 100% convinced.

Ugly list there BigBoat :(

But blood doping with your own blood has exactly the same effect as using EPO. Its still possible to blood dope so who says things have slowed down? The UCI? Team managers? Riders? The ones that dope and hand out the drugs say it has stopped.

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
英语四六级预定支付方式

2008年12月份专四答案已经受理预定 四六级答案 QQ:393561833现在网上专四答案泛滥,但我们可以证明自己的真假,不是只会满嘴空话!可验证专四答案真假和验证历年成功、本次继续暴光历年N次四六级逃款人3证,以前逃款人3证仍然继续可以查看!一切实力说话!(我们已经发现许多卑鄙无耻之徒冒充我们,毁坏我们名誉,请大家注意辨别,我们联系方式仅限于我们公布的QQ389**7765,QQ393**1833详情请看暴光截图暴光资料相册地址http://photo.163.com/photos/passcet4or6 相册密码为 75788,连续N年操作专四答案,注:CET只是我们团队的一个小业务)

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Then why are you reading a thread that bores you and to which you have nothing of value to contribute, like a rebuttal, evidence that a clean rider can win etc etc?

My advice is, don't bother to read if you're not interested. Yaaawn? I feel the same way about Cadel Evans, therefore I stay out of threads about him. I find I stay far more alert that way ;)

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
That's a good question. Well, since most of these threads and threaders are negative, I read and usually don't post. So, everyone is dirty, we can't change that,even though we would like to. Back in my prime riders were doping but it isn't like the last ~18 years. I enjoy the races, not the negative talk.
:)

quadsRme said:
That's a good question. Well, since most of these threads and threaders are negative, I read and usually don't post. So, everyone is dirty, we can't change that,even though we would like to. Back in my prime riders were doping but it isn't like the last ~18 years. I enjoy the races, not the negative talk.
:)

Personally I don't see it as "negative," it simply is what it is. Doping is part of the sport, it's a reality, and simply not talking about it will not change that reality.

BikeCentric said:
Personally I don't see it as "negative," it simply is what it is. Doping is part of the sport, it's a reality, and simply not talking about it will not change that reality.

lalalalala! I'm not listening I'm not listening... lalalalalala....

Yeah, you're right. That's not working too well.

And for the record, I think it's definitely possible to finish the TdF without doping, even win it. I would also like to think that Sastre won clean, but like many, would not be incredibly shocked to find that he didn't. I think that, to win in the 90s, you would have had to have been a complete freak if you were clean. But maybe it's different now? I'd like to believe that not all riders are crazy enough to dope with today's climate, but I'm proven wrong on that account all the time. We'll see what this year turns out.

skidmark said:
lalalalala! I'm not listening I'm not listening... lalalalalala....

Yeah, you're right. That's not working too well.

And for the record, I think it's definitely possible to finish the TdF without doping, even win it. I would also like to think that Sastre won clean, but like many, would not be incredibly shocked to find that he didn't. I think that, to win in the 90s, you would have had to have been a complete freak if you were clean. But maybe it's different now? I'd like to believe that not all riders are crazy enough to dope with today's climate, but I'm proven wrong on that account all the time. We'll see what this year turns out.

I think it is certainly possible to finish the TdF without doping. There are many examples, even at the height of the EPO era, of riders who are thought to have been clean and finished. Vaughters would have finished his last TdF if he had not been stung by a bee.

I don't think it is possible to place in the top ten of the Tour without doping unless the rider has the benefit of time gained in a long break. I think placing your faith in riders like Sastre or Evans, who rode through some of the worst of the doping era is way more optimism than I can muster.

I look at riders like Dave Z. or Cunego or even Valverde who appear to have had a big decrease in performance and when I contrast that with riders who seem to be riding at the same level they were in 2000 and I have little faith that most riders have changed their behavior.

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Did they finish each stage within the time that would allow them to stay in the pro race? :)

I doubt he would have if he had started at the same time as the race :) But the story say's the following:

"Czelusta, 32, rode solo, without a support vehicle, and carrying twenty-five pounds of gear across the Tour's formidable mountain passes. He began most days at five o'clock in the morning, about seven hours before the peloton, in order to finish before the route is closed to bicycles. "

So some extra weight as well... and he finished ahead of the race each time. Bloody huge effort.

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
BikeCentric said:

Obviously talking about doesn't doesn't change it either! Fans of the sport shouldn't be absorbed into the doping aspect of the sport. Get involved in the sport not what drags it down. Also talking about doping just keeps it in the headlights.
Doping is a black eye on any sport which is a negative. if we all concentrate on positives about cycling and talk positive maybe it will rub off eventually on the newbies versus always beating a dead horse.

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
mezzo litro said:
I doubt he would have if he had started at the same time as the race :) But the story say's the following:

"Czelusta, 32, rode solo, without a support vehicle, and carrying twenty-five pounds of gear across the Tour's formidable mountain passes. He began most days at five o'clock in the morning, about seven hours before the peloton, in order to finish before the route is closed to bicycles. "

So some extra weight as well... and he finished ahead of the race each time. Bloody huge effort.

That is a determined man and a quite strong one too! Hat's off to him. That's a great example to new riders to see or hear of something like this.

TRENDING THREADS