• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

ITV commentators covering the Vuelta

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Pricey_sky said:
+1 I find Harmon and Kelly the best commentary team, much better than P+P or Carlton Kirby. The two guys who did the Vuelta highlights on ITV were decent but not a patch on Harmon and Kelly.

They had various guys doing commentary on ITV. Well Mcrossan was always play by play and on expert they had mostly Brian Smith, but also once in a while that bald guy cant remember his name, who is quite good and Dan Lloyd.

We have to distinguish between play by play and expert because youll never have Smith and Lloyd for example together, there needs to be an outsider.

I think when it comes to expert all of them are great. Id say Kelly is the most knowledgable, and thats partly because he hides it most of the time and just talks in general but when he is pushed, he shows knows his stuff big time.

Its also cos he sounds so uninterested that it kind of hits me as a surprise when he comes out with so much knowledge about the current bunch.

The Hitch said:
I think when it comes to expert all of them are great. Id say Kelly is the most knowledgable, and thats partly because he hides it most of the time and just talks in general but when he is pushed, he shows knows his stuff big time.

Its also cos he sounds so uninterested that it kind of hits me as a surprise when he comes out with so much knowledge about the current bunch.

Kelly is excellent,observations that tell you he is still in touch with what is happening in the gruppeto.My only gripe (i posted this in a different thread two days ago) is that he constantly says "They'll be making the calculation" Its his favourite phrase, heard him say it four times in a minute the other day!

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Andy99 said:
Employing Hugh Porter is a MASSIVE mistake.

I was really looking forward to the coverage. Now less so. :(

''Is that Jeremy Hunt, yes it is, its Hunt, what a great sprint by Hunt there....... oh wait no, it might have been Luke Rowe.''

That would be the same Luke Rowe who was sitting on Wiggins' wheel the last 5km while Hunt was off the back.

Like the way ITV edited out his mistake in the highlights though. :eek:

The Cobra said:
''Is that Jeremy Hunt, yes it is, its Hunt, what a great sprint by Hunt there....... oh wait no, it might have been Luke Rowe.''

That would be the same Luke Rowe who was sitting on Wiggins' wheel the last 5km while Hunt was off the back.

Like the way ITV edited out his mistake in the highlights though. :eek:

It's desperate isn't it? Hunt had been working on the front all today in full view of the TV cameras and Porter.

Time to hang up your microphone, Hugh, enough is enough.

iZnoGouD said:
Fortunately i can choose between Mario Chagas or Perico :cool:

you probably mean marco chagas :rolleyes:

also RTP has no coverage of the vuelta iirc so i highly doubt you can choose btw him and perico for the vuelta.

you can however choose btw the RTVE team with perico and juan carlos which is awesome, or the portuguese eurosport team with luis piçarra which is ok and luis martin which is god awful