• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Itzulia Basque Country 2021, Spain, April 5 - April 10

Page 58 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What a breakthrough season for Vingegaard.

First WT win at the UAE Tour.
2 wins and the overall win at Coppi e Bartali
2nd overall today.

:cool:

It really is a breakthrough season for him and I'm happy, but your obsession with the Danish riders while not caring for anybody else is insane. If someone's born 15 k across the border he's suddenly less interesting?

Why? It wouldn't have improved Bilbao's GC standing.

Well

1. You dont know that until the race is over

2. Pello lost one place by a second

3. He was lying in 3rd Landa could have helped him by not going to the front and pushing on when he was behind the 2nd goup and also helping him stay with 2nd goup later...but nothing

Bahrain had a guy on the podium and didnt ride to keep that place at all

GC
Clipboard.jpg

The first time Roglic had to really work for his GC win.
Respect I guess.

Reactions: Sandisfan
It really is a breakthrough season for him and I'm happy, but your obsession with the Danish riders while not caring for anybody else is insane. If someone's born 15 k across the border he's suddenly less interesting?
While I find it lame too, it's a bit meaningless to reduce it to arbitrary geography. A Dane from Southern Slesvig would of course be cheered on too.