• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jakob Fuglsang @USA Pro Challenge 2012?

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
JB doesn't want to give Jakob Fuglsang any UCI points because he's going to another team next year, which was why they benched him for most of the season. So, anyone know why they let him ride the USA Pro Challenge 2012?

May 19, 2011
Visit site
MaxVO2 said:
JB doesn't want to give Jakob Fuglsang any UCI points because he's going to another team next year, which was why they benched him for most of the season. So, anyone know why they let him ride the USA Pro Challenge 2012?

not World tour, points are insignificant to none. What I am surprised is JV let Le Mével rides Vuelta while criticizing Liqui let Nibali riding Tour. What a two face person LOL

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
MaxVO2 said:

Ok. got it now after reading this article http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/road/2005/jan05/tdu05/?id=news/jan22protourpoints

"None of these victories will give him any points at all, as he is a ProTour rider [possibly]winning Continental Circuit races."

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
maxmartin said:
not World tour, points are insignificant. What I am surprised is JV let Le Mével rides Vuelta while criticizing Liqui let Nibali riding Tour. What a two face person LOL

Thanks maxmartin.

MaxVO2 said:
"None of these victories will give him any points at all, as he is a ProTour rider [possibly]winning Continental Circuit races."
It doesn't give him UCI points for the Continental Rankings, but possibly give him points for the Rider Value ranking, since that ranking uses Continental Rankings including WT-riders.

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
They took him to Colorado to avoid his start in Denmark with National Team where he had a good chance to win overall. In Colorado he had to do some domestic works i guess and the field is strong enough to avoid him getting some points in sport value ranking.

He will finish around sixth place in the overall, probably.

Since he's going to Astana next year the whole points discussion don't matter anymore, so in theory it would be better for Radioshack to take him to races so they could at least get some publicity if he does well.

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
maxmartin said:
not World tour, points are insignificant to none. What I am surprised is JV let Le Mével rides Vuelta while criticizing Liqui let Nibali riding Tour. What a two face person LOL

The best Le Mével can do is a stage win, which doesn't give that much points.