• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jan Ullrich still has it!!!

Hey guys, i think that's worth a new thread.
Today Ullrich was racing his first real race since 2006.
He was participating in the Peak to Creek relay event in Austria. Ullrich was riding the bycicle stage of this relay event. He rode against Gilbert Simoni and Antonio CORRADIN, winner of the Öztaler Radmarathon in 2008 and 2010. Both these guys are still in good shape. The route covered the Stilzer Sattel, a 10km climb with an average gradient of 10,5%. And gues what, Ullrich being probably around 80 Kilos smoked the two Italians. He was 2 minutes 10 seconds faster than Simoni and 3 minutes 10 seconds faster than Corradini!!
Give it up for Jan!!

380610_294587867292699_164076200343867_653143_749707876_n.jpg

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
Hey guys, i think that's worth a new thread.
Today Ullrich was racing his first real race since 2006.
He was participating in the Peak to Creek relay event in Austria. Ullrich was riding the bycicle stage of this relay event. He rode against Gilbert Simoni and Antonio CORRADIN, winner of the Öztaler Radmarathon in 2008 and 2010. Both these guys are still in good shape. The route covered the Stilzer Sattel, a 10km climb with an average gradient of 10,5%. And gues what, Ullrich being probably around 80 Kilos smoked the two Italians. He was 2 minutes 10 seconds faster than Simoni and 3 minutes 10 seconds faster than Corradini!!
Give it up for Jan!!

(image snipped)

Good to see that you love all German TTers, not just Tony :p

Nice result for the guy, he seems to have been through a lot since '06, glad to see him back on a bike.

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
icebreaker said:
Think how fast he could be on a big boy bike. Looks like a kids bike!

He looks like he has what Steve Hogg would say is a "functionally short torso"!!! Short top tube in relation to his seat height. Never really noticed this when he was racing.

Looks pretty good though - must be off the gummy bears. Looks like a he's pretty good weight for a retired dude.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
PCutter said:
Why isn't he riding one of his own bikes?

My thoughts exactly!

I tried to get one when they first came out. Now they just look aged, wish he'd update them a bit, would be a cool bike frame to have.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
He rode against Gilbert Simoni ... He was 2 minutes 10 seconds faster than Simoni and 3 minutes 10 seconds faster than Corradini!!

Impressive, if you mean he was beating Gilberto Simoni, who is just two yrs removed from high level pro competition at the Giro.

It makes it all more bitter that we got stolen the TdF´s 1998-2006 (& maybe more), while that american rider who was protected by UCI was allowed to ride on.

What a sad story. :mad:

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I think it is nice to hear from Jan again.

What surprise me are the amount of negative comments on his blog on the webpage.

I think that the German Cycling has a mountain to climb to get over the Doping cases of the past. There is still so much unpleasant feeling towards to old idols that it is quite shocking.

Seems they can not forget and forgive.

Modem

Who cares about the race. Is that a $18K Specialized Venge he is riding?

Saw one down at Naples Cyclery this weekend in FL at a race. Shop had it hanging.

Incredible looking machine.....NO, they wouldn't let test ride it.

TRENDING THREADS