• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Javascript

There are parts of the new site, like showing and hiding extended results, that do not work unless Javascript is enabled. Personally when I am forced to use IE, I do not like to enable scripting because IE is a dangerous and insecure piece of crap.

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
There are parts of the new site, like showing and hiding extended results, that do not work unless Javascript is enabled. Personally when I am forced to use IE, I do not like to enable scripting because IE is a dangerous and insecure piece of crap.

While I appreciate your desire to keep IE "safe" - ANY site that has even the slightest amount of functionality or "bells and whistles" to improve the user-experience is going to use Javascript. If you are forced to use IE at times, then you are just going to have to be "forced" to view a crippled web anyhow.

John Stevenson said:
We're not forcing anyone to use IE. Heaven forbid.

I usually use Linux so that is not often a problem...

Just sayin' there are usually non-javascript solutions or its use can be restricted to non-core functionality.

Turning Javascript off does yield one nice benefit: Results are one line per rider instead of two. :)

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
I usually use Linux so that is not often a problem...

Just sayin' there are usually non-javascript solutions or its use can be restricted to non-core functionality.

Turning Javascript off does yield one nice benefit: Results are one line per rider instead of two. :)

damn now youve made me visit to look at the results pages...

erm.. couple of questions.. why is only the top ten there for the stage...
and erm.. whats the difference between "show" and "more" :/

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
When it is on two lines it is confusing. It looks like two different links, each with their own icon to the right.

are they different.. or are they the same..? now im more confused..

TRENDING THREADS