• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jens named to German's Worlds team selection

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
I think it is a great compliment to a great rider. Jens Voigt named in the selection of the German team for the Worlds with a broken cheekbone, jaw and injuries to his hands. Very classy move from the German Fed I think.

"Jens is almost a traditional selection for the team," said Udo Sprenger, vice-president of the BDR. "He has been informed of his pre-selection, but has not yet responded. This is no problem, he should first aim to return to riding."
:)

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The big news here (for me at least) was that Heinrich Haussler was also named in the German squad. Haussler had said that he didn't want to ride so that he could change his racing license to an Australian license.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
A pretty sterling recommendation, given he might not be able to ride, depending on how well his recovery goes. Fingers crossed all goes well and he recovers quickly!

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
jens is easily my favorite rider hes such a like able well spoken humorous individual with a general good attitude and vibe. i met him at the toc great rider great man. it really upset me when he crashed as you never know how head injuries turn out. i was worried for the first 48h look what happened to saul raisin. im pleased to see hes going to be ok.:)

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Being named to the team and actually rolling up to the start line are 2 entirely different things. I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't see the latter happening this year.
forty four said:
...look what happened to saul raisin. im pleased to see hes going to be ok.:)
Just after it happened I didn't think about Saul, but the other day, for some reason it popped into my head. Thank goodness Jens' story doesn't look like it has that ending.

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Hope that Jens recovers well. I'm surprised Andreas Kloden didn't make the team. I know he hasn't always seen eye to eye with the German Federation after his support of Jan Ullrich but I don't think he did anything to really undermine the team or country. He should have been at the Olympics too. Its a shame from my point of view for a rider who merits a place to be discluded

TRENDING THREADS