• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jens Voigt D.S.

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
What do you think it will be like to be a rider on Voigt's Team?

"Shut up, domestique"?

"Attack, attack, attack"?

I can't imagine anyday where he would tell his riders to just ride in the peloton.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Jspear said:
Just stick him in the car that follows breakaway riders....he'd give good advice there.
Just when people thought he was gone. :)

True. I tend to forget that in big races there is more than one DS. I can't see Jens being a DS mastermind, but he could be very helpful for riders in breakaways. Both for strategy and motivation.

Kudos to him though, I thought he would go the "easier" route and just be a representative for Trek, go to a few races here and there, drive VIP's around, sign autographs at cycling conventions. This way he really remains in the sport... whether that is a good thing or not is up for you to judge, but at least it shows passion and commitment for the sport

I thought he wanted to spend more time with his big as family?

Seems like he's bored with them already.

If I was rich, famous, and had a garage of nice bikes...I'd just ride all day and enjoy life for a bit before jumping back in. But, that's just me.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
nayr497 said:

If I was rich, famous, and had a garage of nice bikes...I'd just ride all day and enjoy life for a bit before jumping back in. But, that's just me.

He's got 6 kids, that's a lot of mouths to feed, got to pay the bills, also probably wants to get away for the peace and quiet of a stage race.

nayr497 said:

I think someone used to being very active and mixing with a team day after day would find going back to a very domestic life with no real structure and not much to do beyond chores and 'being with family' however nice that it, rather unfulfilling. Not enough challenge.

TRENDING THREADS