• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jens Voigt

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The Hitch said:
On the other hand, this is a man who gave up a chance to work with Contador, in order to continue working for Andy and Frank Schleck.

I try my best to see things from other people's point of view, but in this case I just cant manage it.

He had a good working relationship with the Schlecks and he spoke the same language. With Contador who knows how things would pan out? A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. And in 2010 there was only a dropped chain between Andy and Alberto at the TDF. It looked as if Andy's star was on the rise and Jens probably believed Andy could get there.

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Polyarmour said:
He had a good working relationship with the Schlecks and he spoke the same language. With Contador who knows how things would pan out? A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. And in 2010 there was only a dropped chain between Andy and Alberto at the TDF. It looked as if Andy's star was on the rise and Jens probably believed Andy could get there.

No there was the prologue and ITT in addition to the dropped chain. Let's be fair.

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Bye Bye Bicycle said:

I recommend people get these translated and read them Jens is a big pile of hypocritcal ****ze and upholder of the Omerta. I was a big fan of his until I realized what he really was. If you still doubt what he has done, look up what teams he rode for and connect the dots.

Ullrich in the least doesn't have the gall to start throwing stones at anyone who tested positive even though he has done the same.

May 3, 2010
www.ror-zone.com
We Germans love to ruin a national hero, its like a national hobby.
Jens is the MAN no-one can deny it, but he also lived in a bad time for cycling and praticed like everyone did in order too succeed.
Dont forget Jens grew up as a cyclist in the DDR so been pumped full of "vitimins" is nothing new for him or an ex ddr. Praise the man for what he brings to cycling which is character and heart, forget the rest, at 40 it doesnt matter anymore does it.
Go Jens.

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Zweistein said:
I recommend people get these translated and read them Jens is a big pile of hypocritcal ****ze and upholder of the Omerta. I was a big fan of his until I realized what he really was. If you still doubt what he has done, look up what teams he rode for and connect the dots.

Ullrich in the least doesn't have the gall to start throwing stones at anyone who tested positive even though he has done the same.

The Spiegel article says nothing other than Jens paid out on dopers (funeral pyre et al) only days before Basso was outed (it says nothing either way as to what he said or did when Basso made headlines nor what he knew or did not know about Basso).

The second article (which only seems to have appeared on a cycling website and not mainstream media) on the other hand does quote Jaschke who seems to reserve most of his venom, surprise surprise, for people who speak out against doping or dopers such as Manzano, Fothen and Voigt.

His 'evidence' in Voigt's case was a conversation back in 1998 around the Festina scandal and his account of that conversation does not even directly accuse Jens of doping but rather in effect that he knew what was going on. Why no mention of any such conversations when they were on the same CSC team 6 years later? I do not find it convincing at all and there is precious little elsewhere to corroborate JJ.

And as for "joining the dots" - it is about as scientific as saying he is a cyclist therefore he dopes.

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Nearly said:
The Spiegel article says nothing other than Jens paid out on dopers (funeral pyre et al) only days before Basso was outed (it says nothing either way as to what he said or did when Basso made headlines nor what he knew or did not know about Basso).

The second article (which only seems to have appeared on a cycling website and not mainstream media) on the other hand does quote Jaschke who seems to reserve most of his venom, surprise surprise, for people who speak out against doping or dopers such as Manzano, Fothen and Voigt.

His 'evidence' in Voigt's case was a conversation back in 1998 around the Festina scandal and his account of that conversation does not even directly accuse Jens of doping but rather in effect that he knew what was going on. Why no mention of any such conversations when they were on the same CSC team 6 years later? I do not find it convincing at all and there is precious little elsewhere to corroborate JJ.

And as for "joining the dots" - it is about as scientific as saying he is a cyclist therefore he dopes.

Absolutely ++1

AT 40 it doesnt matter anymore , and time to think about de-training. After all those years of body torture, Jens can look at the positive influence he had being one of the greatest domestiques and what to do next after pro racing.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Stra&#223 said:
We Germans love to ruin a national hero, its like a national hobby.
Jens is the MAN no-one can deny it, but he also lived in a bad time for cycling and praticed like everyone did in order too succeed.
Dont forget Jens grew up as a cyclist in the DDR so been pumped full of "vitimins" is nothing new for him or an ex ddr. Praise the man for what he brings to cycling which is character and heart, forget the rest, at 40 it doesnt matter anymore does it.
Go Jens.

I can understand when propaganded foreigners and some genius clinic inmates believe in the widespread myth of the good, fair and clean BDR, and then the bad, bad dirty drug-pumped DDR (athletes).

But as a German, you seem to lack a lot of education. Or you just hate Ossis.
I don't know.
The West did exactly the same when it comes to doping. What made DDR sports and cyclists better, was mainly the excellent sighting-, selection- and
education system. It's not all about dope, you know.

Last but not least, in the DDR states or "new Bundesländer", the passion, history and knowledge for cycling used to be much much higher than in the western part, and still is.

No, I am not an Ossi. But I always keep my eyes open and I am willing to learn.

May 3, 2010
www.ror-zone.com
Cobble i dont hate ossis, and i dont lack knowledge, I just wanted to make this point clear, that doping is rife from jens background in the youth arena. Not everyone is german and knows this.