• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jesse Sergent puts his 2c in...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
farking eh.

Armstrong needs to put this kid on the payroll.

Tim Herman needs to insert this talking point
'I'm sure he saved millions of peoples lives and at the end of the day that's more important than cycling.'

damn straight

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I wish he hadn't bothered, it wasn't worth 2 cents....I cannot believe how many people think its ok to cheat, lie and carryon cause you do good for other people.

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
mmmm, seems nothing has changed in the cycling peloton when young pro'ss like Jesse say...he is still a great guy?
shouldn't you say @what a cheat! loser, not like cycling is today Jess me mate?

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
shojii said:
Young and dumb. He doesn't know what kind of sharks he's swimming with.

Then stockholm syndrome will set in...
Not apologising for him, as I personally feel his stated position sickens me ... but he is young, was employed by a team setup by Lance (Trek Livestrong), is now with RSNT, also with a strong Armstrong influence ... he is probably very much aware of where things stand and if he rocks the boat too much he is out of a job, career ruined.

If nothing has changed in Pro Cycling, then the cases of people still trying to ride, but speaking out at the same time ... their longevity in the sport is seriously at risk.

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
You here the same from Cav and Andy Schleck - why do we have to suffer from stuff that happened 15 years ago. Cycling moved on. They really don't get it that it is because of Armstrong and his lies and cheating (plus many other guys) that every cyclist is under suspicion now. They blame the media for accusing them and not leaving them alone. Why don't they blame cheaters and liars? Armstrong and others ruined their reputation. If Wiggo is suspicious and he gets mad about it - he should sort it out with Armstrong not with the journalists. Get ****ing mad at him and the other cheaters. Call him a f*** w***r, not the fans in the forums.
The young cyclists are nice kids and great cyclists but they have to wake up and think a bit harder and take responsibility to gain back the trust of the fans even if it wasn't their fault.
If you like it or not - there is a collective guilt and responsibility in every social group and denying and complaining about it doesn't make it go away.

Immature and trying to follow in the steps of his role models while not rocking the boat. I am tired of the continuation of neo cyclists that can't speak in an intelligent manner.
They need more life skills, education, and a bit of mentoring by some staunch anti doping folks!
Anybody think this is actually happening??? Do most teams care???

Hmm....:(

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Jesus Christ, the comments under the article take the biscuit! If Lance ever finds life too awkward in the US he's sure to find a warm welcome in NZ.

As for Sergent's views, well, for starters it's very unfair asking a young pro who's only ever been employed via Armstrong to give an impartial opinion.
It's also unreasonable to expect any current pro to criticise persons unknown for crimes unknown, or past. By its very nature no one definitely knows who else is/was cheating. It could be their closest teammate. It very likely includes their older teammates and their DS. No one in their right mind would go out all guns blazing issuing sweeping condemnations, only to find out they'd inadvertently slated their DS and team leader. End of career. It'd be like sounding off at work against racists and finding out later your boss is in the KKK!!
Wisest move: Shut up (looking at pros' twitter feeds, apparently the preferred approach) or give the anodyne PR-fed reply.
The one thing I do hope for and expect is for people to follow their conscience, which I hope means ride clean!

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
racyrichuk said:
Jesus Christ, the comments under the article take the biscuit! If Lance ever finds life too awkward in the US he's sure to find a warm welcome in NZ.

As if NZ would consider granting residence to a criminal just because he has piles of ill gotten cash... erm.

TRENDING THREADS