• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jesus Hernandez...Operation Puerto

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Jesus Hernandez, the first Spanish cyclist to testify as part of the doping investigation Operation Puerto, revealed in court on Monday how he was regularly given "heating pads" to wear by his team, patches that were later revealed by the Civil Guard to administer doses of testosterone low enough to avoid detection, but high enough to improve performance in riders.

rest of it here

http://freetexthost.com/aywtbx6dim

if a mod wants to move it to part of another thread fire, no probs.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Interesting bit, tanx

The cyclist initially responded saying he would prefer not to undergo the test, before rectifying and saying he would agree to it.

So then what happened? Me curious.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
by the way.
Who knows whether testosteron would be useful to footballplayers?
I mean, if cyclists already run this little chance of being caught, a footballplayer's risk is nihil.
If cycling teams work with these testosteron pads, football teams are bound to do the same. Of course, that conclusion is long overdue, but still. It occurred to me again after reading this post.

Barca-Atletico 3-0, n'est pas?
Guardiola. Never trained a team before. But did test positive once.
Either he's a natural born coaching talent, or Barca have the best team-doping program in the Liga.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I think the big thing from a Contador point of view is that a lot of people now say he refused a DNA test at the time, and use that to imply he was dirty at the time. According to this article, and a few others I just looked up around the same dates, Contador was in court for all of ten or fifteen minutes, and changed his answer within that time.

The only question I raised questions Contador was the prosecutor on their willingness to undergo a DNA test to dispel any doubts about whether some of the seized bags could contain his blood. El madrileño contestó en un principio que preferiría no hacérselas, pero luego rectificó y respondió que no tendría ningún inconveniente. The Spaniard said at first he would rather not hacérselas, but then corrected himself and said he would not mind.

En los listados que maneja la Guardia Civil con los códigos con que estaban marcadas las bolsas no figura ningún dato que permita sospechar que pertenecen a Contador o Hernández. In the listings that manages the Guardia Civil with the codes that were marked the bags contained no data to suspect that belong to Contador or Hernandez.

Here's the original article.

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/depo...olaba/cosas/elpepidep/20061212elpepidep_3/Tes

It was interesting to see just how much Jesus and the others had going on, and the tricks teams some times use to get riders to do things.

A lot of forum members do Google searches for old articles. I thought I'd point out that on the left column of a Google search, there's an option for "More search tools". Within that you can select a time frame, like December 12 2006 to December 14, 2006 to see just articles that appeared at the time. Cheers.

roundabout said:
Interesting find. Makes me wonder how and why Hernandez wasn't banned.

Yes, it would make perfect sense to ban the one guy in connection with Puerto who's a) actually telling the story and b) was doped (or testifies he was) without knowing and even being lied to, while letting all the actively doping athletes of the hook.

Well, I guess it makes perfect sense in "The World According to the UCI".

roundabout said:
So you're a proponent of safety in numbers?

Not exactly - but don't quite get how you got that from that...

All I said was banning Hernandes would have been frying the smallest possible fish when it comes to Puerto.

I know the whole truth is probably not just that they gave him some patches and lied about what they contained, but based on the single piece of information from above, banning him would basically be punishing someone for being too naive and trustworthy.

To me that would not only have been insignificant, but also be working to maintain omerta...

TRENDING THREADS