• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Johnny Hoogerland

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Mongol_Waaijer said:
I think any neo pro who performs as well as him can expect scrutiny and disbelief.

Certainly having a reputation as a bigtime doper as an amateur doesn't help.

The nickname "Johnny Testosteroney" probably doesn't help.

Wouldn't "Johnny Testosterland" be a better nick?

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The Dr and Tex are a bit over the top. ("looks ripped" "color of his flesh") Give the guy a little break? Hey is hard as nails. WE ALL SEE the Same signs that point to the same conclusion.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Mongol_Waaijer said:
I think any neo pro who performs as well as him can expect scrutiny and disbelief.

Certainly having a reputation as a bigtime doper as an amateur doesn't help.

The nickname "Johnny Testosteroney" probably doesn't help.

SECOND

BEST

NICK

NAME

IN

PELOTON

Johnny Testosteronny < Dr Dave Bruylandts.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
So blackcat, rugby league's mark Gasnier, he has a pretty big chin:

416017-mark-gasnier.jpg

HGH abuse?

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Mambo95 said:
Put it this way. He went into the barbed wire and someone took photos of his bare ****. Some saw some unusual marks there. The next day (or was it the day after?) he got a 7am call from the drug testers.

Doesn't stop him being hard as nails though.

I thought those marks were odd.

Always had my suspicions with him.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
So blackcat, rugby league's mark Gasnier, he has a pretty big chin:

416017-mark-gasnier.jpg

HGH abuse?

Your not suggesting his subsequent retirement announced today mid season is the result of his fear of getting nabbed for drug abuse? He's one guy who needs to take em. Was a much better player before he left the NRL in 2008 for French Rugby. Moving to France probably killed any drug taking habits he may have had. Plus his wife is French...

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Is 20 tests since Novemeber 2009 that much really?

No. Menchov said he had 40 something in competition tests in either 2009 or 2010. Can't remember which year it was. That's double the number for half the time.

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
blackcat said:
ask Big Jawge Hincapie

he got legs like that, and is clean, and has a Roger Ramjet jaw

In George's defense, he had that jaw when he was 13. He raced for GS Mengoni when I too was racing juniors back east. He would mop up his age class, race the 14-15 group, win that by lapping the field, race the 16-17 (later changed to 17-18) and win that, then race the Cat 3 or the 1-2 and sometimes even place in the money in that. He was over 6 ft and had a Jersey mustache back then. We used to joke that he had a wife and kids.

He was a phenomenal talent back then and yea, he's always had that Cro-Magnon jaw and disproportionate cranium.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
Your not suggesting his subsequent retirement announced today mid season is the result of his fear of getting nabbed for drug abuse? He's one guy who needs to take em. Was a much better player before he left the NRL in 2008 for French Rugby. Moving to France probably killed any drug taking habits he may have had. Plus his wife is French...

james.jpg

James Packer has a big chin, although I don't think HGH is needed in his line of business. Anyway, I'm OT, before I get my backside kicked by a mod...

luckyboy said:
All I can see on this photo of Hoogerland are the two small round bruises at the top of his thigh and a few lumps on the other side (both circled in the large photo). Are either of those what you guys were talking about?

Photograph

For a guy who just went flying into a barbed wire fence at 60K, smashing a fence post in the process, there sure is some pretty heavy forensic analysis going on in this thread, differentiating all that trauma from syringe marks...

A

Anonymous

MacRoadie said:
For a guy who just went flying into a barbed wire fence at 60K, smashing a fence post in the process, there sure is some pretty heavy forensic analysis going on in this thread, differentiating all that trauma from syringe marks...

This is the clinic, what else is there to do? :D

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
MacRoadie said:

not only that, but seems to be a lot of time spent staring at guy's azzes, you know? ( not that we're judging ) i think it may be justification , that's all i'm sayin :D

Hoogerland has a history (even though he got no ban for it), for some reason couldn't become a pro for a relatively long period, attacked and finished top 15 in his first vuelta out of nowhere and was great in races like lombardia, then was off for a year, and now out of nowhere he looked like he actually could be a serious KOM-contender. Call me a cynic but i've learned over the past decade that if it looks to great to be true it more then likely isn't true.

Having said that: i love his style, i'd wish more guys ride like him, always attacking and not thinking about losing the win but trying to actually win.

TRENDING THREADS