• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard: The Wizard of Visma

Page 199 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

According to Zeeman no altitude camp which starts now and no Dauphine but Tour still possible. No info about training, still only about recovery. Do they want him to ride the Tour with so much time without training? (1 month already and counting) or is he already on stationary bike?

Certainly he is already on the stationary bike. No way he would have a chance of going to the Tour with 1 month out of the bike.

They plan to do at least 6 weeks of a good block of training.

I guess he will spend at least almost a month in Tignes.

Certainly he is already on the stationary bike. No way he would have a chance of going to the Tour with 1 month out of the bike.

They plan to do at least 6 weeks of a good block of training.

I guess he will spend at least almost a month in Tignes.

They certainly activated a newer model. That's why all this talk about big talent and quick recovery. TdF will be scary for his rivals

Reactions: Lui98 and AmRacer
They certainly activated a newer model. That's why all this talk about big talent and quick recovery. TdF will be scary for his rivals
"Finally, Sander Kleikers is asked where the Dane is at the moment.

But this is where the communications manager intervenes.

- There are stories that he is in either Switzerland, France, Italy or Denmark, but it is not something we talk about because it is private, and Jonas wants it to be private, which we naturally respect."

They are updating the software in a unknow location!

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
"Finally, Sander Kleikers is asked where the Dane is at the moment.

But this is where the communications manager intervenes.

- There are stories that he is in either Switzerland, France, Italy or Denmark, but it is not something we talk about because it is private, and Jonas wants it to be private, which we naturally respect."

They are updating the software in a unknow location!
That says it all. He'll let us know when he's ready and it may be longer, not shorter.

Reactions: noob
The Rog case is quite different. The team itself missed a diagnosis probably because if Rog still goes as hard as he did probably it cant be that bad.

Now they have all the medical facts, amd the worst that can happen is Vingegaard starting the Tour in poor condition and getting worse as the race goes on
Who has all the medical facts? Roglic's convenient diagnosis is the example Jonas should consider before he commits to anything.
This speculative cycle hasn't provided any information.

Reactions: noob
For comparison, for those pessimists that said there is no comparison betwen the injuries Jonas sustained and the time off bike with regards to Pogačar in 2023.
Pogačar first time outside on the bike was 19. May and he couldn't stand on the pedals till June (we don't know if Jonas can stand on pedals yet, but I imagine that a wrist injury is more complicated with regards to this).
Now I imagine Jonas might have missed more aerobic training because of lung and ribs injury, but with a solid base already there, that can hopefully be regained with little consequences.

So things are again looking up for one of the most competitive Tour starts in a long time.

For comparison, for those pessimists that said there is no comparison betwen the injuries Jonas sustained and the time off bike with regards to Pogačar in 2023.
Pogačar first time outside on the bike was 19. May and he couldn't stand on the pedals till June (we don't know if Jonas can stand on pedals yet, but I imagine that a wrist injury is more complicated with regards to this).
Now I imagine Jonas might have missed more aerobic training because of lung and ribs injury, but with a solid base already there, that can hopefully be regained with little consequences.

So things are again looking up for one of the most competitive Tour starts in a long time.
How many days were Pogi lying in (hospital) bed?

Zero.

How many days were Pogi lying in (hospital) bed?

Zero.

The biggest question is how the lung condition affected his engine. It could've pretty badly. Even though he's on his road bike again only Visma knows his fitness (or are yet to find out, its probably too early for tests). He seemed to take some heavy breaths when talking. Maybe my previous comment was too optimistic.

Last edited:
I'm glad that I don't like him as much as some fans. Dude is so shy and mysterious that it must be frustrating for his die hard fans.
We don't have a single information about his recovery.
They say he's riding outdoors, now. That's a pretty baseline start for recovery and we should wish him luck. As for the Tour; only when it's a confirmed start should anyone assume it's real. It'd be great if it happens.