• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Juan Pedro Lopez Appreciation Thread

I think he overperformed during these days in pink. But he is definitely a good climber. Top10 should be virtually guaranteed unless he collapses on the third week, which I don't think is very likely to happen.

He is not GC contender material as of now, though. He isn't more than a fringe Top10 contender unless he improves a lot, so better deploy him as a stagehunter.

I think with Juan Pedro, its a matter of discovering how well he can recover over a 3 week GT. Trek isn't exactly loaded with quality GC riders at the moment. Ciccone is a top tier climber, but he has yet to contend high up over 3 weeks. Mollema's GC days are behind him.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS