• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Juilan Dean Interview

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
hopefully you can follow this link. it's a candid interview with aired on new zealand radio this morning

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/podcasts/audio/08112916.mp3

he comments on crashing on stage 2, finishing second on stage 4, dangerous riders and his GC pick

Thought you might like a non PR style interview for a change of scenery. It's a very kiwi style interview. although the host showed a little bit of a lack of knowledge heh. but cycling isn't huge over here

enjoy (if you can)

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Good interview thanks. JD not naming names about which riders he doesn't want to ride too close to. Bit of recognition for the pressure Cav is under too. IMO, JD has a way of telling it like it is, but in a positive and constructive way. I'm developing quite a bit of respect for him. Not a bad effort yesterday either...

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for posting, that was pretty interesting. I like how there was no hesitation when asked who he thought would win. He genuinely just seems happy to be riding his bike, being at this level and to come in second is just icing.

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks mate, good interview with Deano. The guys is one of the sports nice guys but a real hard ****** all the same. was great to see him get up there.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Great interview thanks!! JD is one of my favorite riders...under appreciated I think...but a hard guy through and through. I like his attitude and demeanor. Thanks again!!

What i think he did well in that interview was that understanding he wasn't talking to people who know cycling well his answer were made where they could understand what he was saying but conveyed enough information that cycling fans was interested in.

TRENDING THREADS