• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Julian Alaphilippe Discussion Thread

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
julian_alaphilippe_aout_2014.jpg

This should be a big star in the future, there is no doubt after this LBL :eek:
Congrats!

What a revelation this guy has been this week. Knew he was a talented lad, but not by any stretch of the imagination had I seen him perform like this. In Amstel I was a bit surprised to see him there after Cauberg but it wasn't too unexpected, then in Fleche I was genuinely surprised to see him fight it out with the climbers on such a hard finish and now this performance in LBL. And it wasn't even an easy edition of the race.

He has really progressed a lot since turning a pro. He was definately good in u23, but guys like the Yates bros (who ofc has done really well so far) and Mohoric looked way better at that point.

What's most impressive about him is his durability. To be able to cope with such tough races at 22 is quite rare.

Will he ride Romandie? Could potentially win a stage or two.

Re:

SafeBet said:
Very impressive rides indeed.
Adds to the list of young riders performing well in this year's monuments (Bonifazio 6th in MSR, Lampaert/Rowe 7th/8th in PR, Benoot 4th in RVV).
Bonifazio 5th in MSR. Biggest Italian classics talent since the last one. I hope this one is here to stay. I am scared that the pressure and expectations of La Gazza and the people don't get to him. Same goes for Alaphillipe, I hope he doesn't turn into Moser.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Brullnux said:
SafeBet said:
Very impressive rides indeed.
Adds to the list of young riders performing well in this year's monuments (Bonifazio 6th in MSR, Lampaert/Rowe 7th/8th in PR, Benoot 4th in RVV).
Bonifazio 5th in MSR. Biggest Italian classics talent since the last one. I hope this one is here to stay. I am scared that the pressure and expectations of La Gazza and the people don't get to him. Same goes for Alaphillipe, I hope he doesn't turn into Moser.

Hasn't the neo-pro 4th (?) in MSR by Sasha Mondolo kept him on the cusp for several years now? Nonetheless, I hope they both thrive and progress.

TRENDING THREADS