Julian Alaphilippe

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

How Alien is Julian Alaphilippe?

• Contador/Nibali (almost plausible)

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • Geraint Thomas (pushing it)

Votes: 33 26.6%
  • Armstrong/Froome (over the top)

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • Chris Horner (glows in the dark)

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Vino

Votes: 7 5.6%

• Total voters
There are actually other countries higher on my list of wanting to visit than France to start with. At the top of that list is Italy.
I think you need to get out more. I went to grad school and lived in NC for years and I'd never make slipshod generalizations about the state. There are plenty of of French people who can out-redneck
As a North American guy who has lived in both the French and German parts of Switzerland for 20 years married to a Swiss French lady and worked 8 years with a lot of French people, let me just say I really like Italians.

Here's a typically French thing. My wife calls a hotel in Paris to book a room for her boss "Sorry, I don't understand you." Like my wife is some country bumpkin who doesn't speak proper French as opposed to a paying customer. Or going to a very posh hotel on a deal during the financial crisis in Nice, and the maitre d ' rolling his eyes because I told him I didn't want the fish., instead of being grateful I dropped €1000 at his place during a recession. These are quintessentially French experiences. Every time I've been in Italy, it's been the complete opposite. Italians are crazy, but totally nice.
Yeat, but were those snooty French folk doping?

I really don't think you can put Alaphilippe and Sagan in the same category at all in terms of bike handling. One has ridden into motorcycles and had numerous finishes where other riders thought he shut the door on them. Also, celebrating too early.

Sagan is "unobservant"? I'd have to cite his bunny hope in P-R to stay upright and staying upright in that MSR finish as well.

Sagan hit the moto years ago, but that was definitely more moto interference than JAs recent steering into the moto.
I said they are both sketchy, but for different reasons. Yup, Ala is all over the place. Perhaps inconsiderate is a better word for Sagan ... he has appeared to cause issues with other riders. But no need to take my word for it :)

I said they are both sketchy, but for different reasons. Yup, Ala is all over the place. Perhaps inconsiderate is a better word for Sagan ... he has appeared to cause issues with other riders. But no need to take my word for it :)
Gotcha, I did happen to read the Secret Pro piece on Sagan. I could see that...he might not always go down, but those around him have a tendency. Interesting that the guy points out Sagan's bike handling skills, which are incredible, allow him to stay upright, but not everyone possesses them.

Gotcha, I did happen to read the Secret Pro piece on Sagan. I could see that...he might not always go down, but those around him have a tendency. Interesting that the guy points out Sagan's bike handling skills, which are incredible, allow him to stay upright, but not everyone possesses them.
Yup! Having been in races with people who possess some pretty good skills themselves, but don't always appreciate they're in a group and forget to signal things, it does create for some tense riding conditions

ASK THE COMMUNITY