• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Julio Alberto Perez Cuapio

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site

Has anyone heard any news about him?

The last I saw him racing on TV was before 2006 and there's nothing about him after 2007.

Is he still racing?

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Winning?

Cerberus said:
I think so, he witched to Canel's Turbo in Mexico per 1. December 2008.

Thanks; he was quite a force in his early pro years; has he been winning?

I know the background he came from; he has quite a talent since he started cycling as a way of keeping himself busy...;)

crazybiker said:

Has anyone heard any news about him?

The last I saw him racing on TV was before 2006 and there's nothing about him after 2007.

Is he still racing?

he was racing in 2008, at least, I'm sure he was in the giro that year, and doing reasonably well. Haven't heard the name since, I think.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
He rode in Mexico last year, riding in the Vuelta a Mexico, Vuelta a Guatamala (6th) and Vuelta a Chiapas (9th) as well as 15th in the Mexican national champs.

Came 4th in the mountains jersey in the Giro in 2008 riding for CSF-Navigare.

zapata said:
he was racing in 2008, at least, I'm sure he was in the giro that year, and doing reasonably well. Haven't heard the name since, I think.

Wasn't he the 3rd man in the CSF breakaway group the day when sella wins his second mountain stage and pozzovivo was coming from the contenders group to the breakaway?

and 2007 i think he was on a solo-breakaway on the way to the maglia rosa, but was taken back from liquigas a few miles before the finish.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Guy was a total bad a$$, didn't he loose his front teeth in a crash, going for glory, and still finish the stage. Only to try again days later, and have his chain snap?

TRENDING THREADS