• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

JV, time to man up, support Floyd

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
think the snarky comments from the likes of Bruyneel about Slipstream have turned turned out to be true. Vaughters is a phony, and his clean cycling schtick was a con job from the beginning.

Uhm no. Check the results, definitely not doped.

Unfortunately, the mess in the whole situation is Allen Lim. If JV acknowledges Floyd's words then he's also acknowledging the fact that Allen Lim is a doping doctor. The same Allen Lim worked with Garmin in 2009 - his team would be accused of systematic doping, something he may not be willing to go through.

Allen Lim is a brilliant cycling doctor, who may also be able to dope you up really well.. but he can still be hired for the part of his work that doesn't involve doping right? He obviously didn't dope Garmin, the results from 2009 weren't too stellar, and the team looked so human compared to everyone else.

It's important to have a beacon, a clean team, to light the way... it would be crap to cover Garmin in mud, they are helping to clean up the sport. All that matters is the doping end. If only the tests and bio passport could man up instead, and stop being so friggin useless. Well the bio seems helpful in keeping everyone in a similar ballpark at least..

May 26, 2009
Visit site
sida-mot said:
That would be AWSOME! Just do it. The world of cycling fans will have your back.

Yes, we all will chip in and sponsor his next team. We just match Garmin's offer!

:rolleyes:

Why would JV open up? What does he has to gain? Why would he hurt his own riders and team?

There is no reason to hope JV will pull the trigger on lance.

drfunk000 said:
The telling thing about Vaughters' statement is that he does not deny the allegations. Nor does George Hincapie. He just says he's disappointed to hear the accusations.

I don't know why it was handled this way, though. It's about time for cycling to have a legitimate amnesty program. Right now, the system is not designed to bring out the truth, it's designed for people to CYA. People like Dave Z and George have a right to make a living if they are doing things the right way now.

Neither has LA or the UCI. And both of those are trying to discredit Floyd by saying Floyd got his dates wrong as Floyd is referring to the 2002 Tour de Suiss. He's not, that's either a deliberate ploy by LA/UCI, or showing their own misunderstanding.

As far as I'm aware, only Michael Barry has come out and given a straight denial.

Mrs John Murphy said:
JV is ****ing away any goodwill he might have by remaining silent on this. Unlike Landis, Hamilton etc, he doesn't have the stigma of a failed test, and a failed campaign to prove his innocence.

His words about clean cycling etc, are meaningless, if he doesn't speak out now. He needs to grow a set and talk.

Not only that but Floyd could well be utterly destroyed by this, chewed up and spat out and left in a metaphorical bloodied heap in the gutter. By not doing anything, JV is as good as standing back and watching FL be given a good kicking with steel toecaps by LA and his mob.

But hey, few people have the courage to risk themselves to support another.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
sida-mot said:
That would be AWSOME! Just do it. The world of cycling fans will have your back.
Cycling fans - lance and postal fans
Cobblestones said:
Vaughters has been a huge disappointment so far.

His silence is deafening.

I remember he came here last year to defend Wiggins, but he couldn't convince me.

Vaughters has become part of the problem. A supporter of the omerta. A metastasis of the cancer which ails cycling.
It has only really been around 24 hours since the news?

Cobblestones said:
Because pretending that rider x is clean always works out so well?

Now do yourself a favor and go away.
+1 not 1 size fits all. it is a case for case thing for each rider.
santacruz said:
Uhm no. Check the results, definitely not doped.

Allen Lim is a brilliant cycling doctor, who may also be able to dope you up really well.. but he can still be hired for the part of his work that doesn't involve doping right? He obviously didn't dope Garmin, the results from 2009 weren't too stellar, and the team looked so human compared to everyone else.

It's important to have a beacon, a clean team, to light the way... it would be crap to cover Garmin in mud, they are helping to clean up the sport. All that matters is the doping end. If only the tests and bio passport could man up instead, and stop being so friggin useless. Well the bio seems helpful in keeping everyone in a similar ballpark at least..

garmin seem clean to me. some people do change.

I still find it funny that when Popo went to lotto he was crap and when he went back over to JB he was "flying".

Roland Rat said:
Not only that but Floyd could well be utterly destroyed by this, chewed up and spat out and left in a metaphorical bloodied heap in the gutter. By not doing anything, JV is as good as standing back and watching FL be given a good kicking with steel toecaps by LA and his mob.

But hey, few people have the courage to risk themselves to support another.

Ultimately, it depends on weight of numbers at one time and JV needs to take the lead on this. When it is just Landis, Lemond, Bassons etc doing this individually, the Armstrong PR machine can just pick them off like snipers. But as we saw with T-Mob it is a house of cards. Once one person breaks ranks then a number follow - Riis, Zabel, Aldag etc

JV is perhaps the one person who has credibility - if he doesn't speak out now, then we know that he is just as bad as Ekimov, Pozzato etc and all the other enforcers of Omerta. He is just as complicit in the perpetuation of doping as McQuaid, Armstrong and Ferrari.

What is more, I think that journalists need to be giving him a harder time about the apparent contradictions in what he says and what he does when it comes to doping. BTW - has he ever spoken about the IM conversation?

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
its too bad that landis couldnt be a cool cheat and take it. fight back and get back to the top of the sport. then he would get my respect.

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
the_kman said:
its too bad that landis couldnt be a cool cheat and take it. fight back and get back to the top of the sport. then he would get my respect.
That's what he tried to do, but he failed. Perhaps he should have devised a better strategy, one that didn't involve so many procedures. Vinokourov and Basso have shown how it should be done. In defence of Landis, I would add that what has increased his problems was Bruyneel's hypocrisy in not allowing any tainted rider in his team.

Allowing a rider back on the top level seems to be a complex result of different factors, like public perception, team interests, unofficial UCI policy and sheer luck.

A

Anonymous

Roland Rat said:
http://www.thestar.com/sports/artic...ist-michael-barry-denies-claims-he-used-drugs

“I was shocked when I was told about it,” said the 34-year-old. “But at the same time, Floyd has lied under oath already and he’s pretty much thrown everybody who’s been associated with him in cycling into this. It also doesn’t really surprise me. I also really don’t understand why I’m involved. It’s not true.”

Im dissapointed a little not that barry has said he didnt dope, but joining the "floyd is a proven liar" bandwagon.. think me must have taken the phone call telling him what to say :/

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Roland Rat said:
http://www.thestar.com/sports/artic...ist-michael-barry-denies-claims-he-used-drugs

“I was shocked when I was told about it,” said the 34-year-old. “But at the same time, Floyd has lied under oath already and he’s pretty much thrown everybody who’s been associated with him in cycling into this. It also doesn’t really surprise me. I also really don’t understand why I’m involved. It’s not true.”

A better version is here, where Barry states what training he did with Landis at the time in question.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/470219/barry-on-landis-allegations-it-s-not-true.html

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
"Jonathan Vaughters, the manager of Zabriskie’s Garmin-Transitions team, said Landis “had his demons,” but he could not explain why Landis made his allegations."

Please Jonathan, think hard.

Jonathan Vaughters is a major league POS. Everyone knows he's this guy below who made this admission to Juliet Macur of the NYT.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/21/sports/cycling/21cycling.html?pagewanted=2&hpw

In his messages, Landis echoed what the retired United States Postal Service rider Frankie Andreu and an anonymous teammate told The New York Times in 2006 when they admitted using the blood-booster EPO leading up to the 1999 Tour de France, Armstrong’s first of seven Tour victories.

Jonathan, go fcuk yourself you POS.

TRENDING THREADS