• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

JV vs. Grey Manrod

JV had a bit of a tiff with Grey Manrod, who he thought was Landis.

https://twitter.com/Vaughters/with_replies

A few tweets.

Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters
@GreyManrod my philosophy is simple and previously stated: tell truth to those who can make move things forward.

@GreyManrod I was attempting to help you, btw. Has there ever been an occasion where you've helped me? Ever? With anything, Floyd?

@GreyManrod No. I suggested a full truth to usada. Just not to the public. You know that.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
@Vaughters Hey JV. Are you willing to give me a polygraph, on your opinion on Wigans, may go by Wiggo, Bradley Wiggins, Brad Wiggins, or "that muppet with the lambchops who has an utterly affected image".

Can we do a petition to get JV to take the fricken polygraph, if he thought Wigans was taking something 1. to lose the weight in 2009. I dont know what they are using to strip the weight but they are using some androgen.
2. Giro 09. In your opinion. was he clean.
3.2010 Tour. Was he clean? <cough cough bull$hit>

2012? Yeah. You can pick em right. So, he is still on the up and up.

I want the bloody polygraph.

If the sh!t aint fit dont acquit
DaveChappelle.jpg

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
This does confirm that JV told Landis not to talk to the pubic.

All of JV's confessing in private and telling the truth to those who can move things forward would have been worth nothing if it were not for Landis.

You can say what you want about JV. But that's good advice.

Don't talk to the pubic.

I live by that.

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Acid test for me: @Vaughters - if you knew a team was doing organised doping would you speak out about it? Do you think others would?

@Jonklaff I would, absolutely. Forcing young riders to live in that environment or make those choices is wrong.

Sure you would, JV. Sure you would.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Judging by past behavior, JV would counsel them to talk to the authorities in secret, never talk to the public, and wait eight years to see if anything is done about it. Also hope that a p!ssed off ex-Menonite with nothing to lose brings the issue to the fore.

I can't really reconcile my opinion of Vaughters. In one sense I can see he wants some degree of change, but in another sense I think he'd rather do so reclined on the arm chair of indifference. Not sure which of the two pulls the strings.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
A better question for vaughters

A better question for vaughters is why are his riders hanging out and training with Allen Lim.

Ask Landis about Lim.

Lance blood work suspect during come back. Wasn't Mister Lim working for the Shack at that point?

May 14, 2010
Visit site
tofino said:
A better question for vaughters is why are his riders hanging out and training with Allen Lim.

Ask Landis about Lim.

Lance blood work suspect during come back. Wasn't Mister Lim working for the Shack at that point?

They're hanging out with Lim because, before Raadio Shack, Lim was working at Slipstream. And before Slipstream, Phonak.

If you're running the cleanest team in the sport and need a sorts physiologist, who better to hire than the sports physiologist from Phonak.

TRENDING THREADS