• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kanstantsin Siutsou

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
It is with deep disappointment that we have been informed by the Union Cycliste International (UCI) that our rider Kanstantsin Siutsou, has been notified of an Adverse Analytical Finding (AAF) in a sample collected in the scope of an out-of-competition control on 31st July 2018. In accordance with our zero tolerance policy, the rider has been suspended immediately.
http://teambahrainmerida.com/team-bahrain-merida-suspend-kanstantsin-siutsou/

Re:

Strawberry_Jams said:
Coming to the end of career, out of contract? From that era. Sounds like Sammy Sanchez esque.

Yeah I'm sure he just started doping now because he's old.
He definitely wasn't doping when his blood values were extremely suspicious in 2010. Nosireebob.

And Sanchez had two prior positives.

Re: Re:

GuyIncognito said:
Strawberry_Jams said:
Coming to the end of career, out of contract? From that era. Sounds like Sammy Sanchez esque.

He definitely wasn't doping when his blood values were extremely suspicious in 2010. Nosireebob.

And Sanchez had two prior positives.

I didn't say he didnt?!? I just said thats a reason why its come out now?

GuyIncognito said:

And it wasn't even marginal - he scored an 8, meaning only three riders in the whole 2010 Tour peloton (Menchov, Barredo, Popovych) were considered more suspicious by the UCI. The list leaked in May 2011 and was widely reported, but it didn't stop Sky signing him a few months later :)

vedrafjord said:
GuyIncognito said:

And it wasn't even marginal - he scored an 8, meaning only three riders in the whole 2010 Tour peloton (Menchov, Barredo, Popovych) were considered more suspicious by the UCI. The list leaked in May 2011 and was widely reported, but it didn't stop Sky signing him a few months later :)

Sky went out and signed several guys who were very high on the list. Plus, they already had Geraint Thomas who was listed as very suspicious blood values and Wiggins who wasn't much lower

Ofc we can assume that a rider of his age was doping in the past and probably never stopped doing so. Still it seems like too much of a coincidence that once again an aging rider at the end of his contract was caught late in the season. Maybe he increased the dosage to get a new contract, maybe the UCI wanted a case with a plausible explanation that wouldn't change the picture of an oh so clean era. Am I a conspiracy theorist? :eek:

Gigs_98 said:
Ofc we can assume that a rider of his age was doping in the past and probably never stopped doing so. Still it seems like too much of a coincidence that once again an aging rider at the end of his contract was caught late in the season. Maybe he increased the dosage to get a new contract, maybe the UCI wanted a case with a plausible explanation that wouldn't change the picture of an oh so clean era. Am I a conspiracy theorist? :eek:

Or he just f****d up?

Re:

King Boonen said:
Mod hat on:

Please do not turn this into another Sky thread. There are plenty of threads available for you to discuss that part of Siutsou's career.

Cheers,

KB.

What about a Highroad thread? Far too few of those.

Anyway, I think this would have to be one of the least surprising AAFs from a peloton vet. Maybe just me but even beyond the sense of "he's pro he dopes" there was never any doubt with Siutsou. I mean if it was say Borut Bozic who has an equally suspect employment history I'd actually be surprised/interested.

Was always a fan so sad to see it end like this. Back in the day I thought he may have gone on to achieve a bit more but in any case found a great niche of being the dream teammate who was also able to get the best out of himself for some remotely decent GC placings. His Trentino stage win a few years back was a great moment.

simoni said:
Gigs_98 said:

Or he just f****d up?

Which happens easier when you risk something. Like Sanchez for his last Vuelta and maybe Siutsou for a good results at the World Champuonships and a new contract. He had a pretty good early season this year but sucked in Austria. Maybe he risked a bit more to turn things around and got caught.

glassmoon said:
Amazinmets87 said:
glassmoon said:
another soon to be retired pseudo catch to show that anti-doping is really working?
Is your assertion Siutsou didn't return a positive?
more in a vein that catching someone who's gonna retire anyways (or not get a wt contract, or at the very end of his career) is... well not that big of catch after all :)
Well, sure. But surely the fact that the UCI is able to bust a rider who fits a specific profile on an annual basis is cause for suspicion. I'll throw out some theories...

1: The UCI receives multiple positives from riders annually but brushes the majority under the rug. Only riders who fit the aforementioned profile are notified of their AAF.

2: The UCI subjects specific riders to a higher degree of scrutiny, thus leading to a higher percentage of riders who fit the profile returning AAFs.

3: Riders who fit the profile are more likely to be busted because they're the ones who have the least to lose and are therefore pushing the parameters of doping.

ClassicomanoLuigi said:
Suitsou posts on his Instagram that he can't understand what is happening, with a screenshot of a lengthy history of negative doping tests. Until this July 31, where the urine is "No Result" but the blood passport is "Invalid".
kosta.siutsou Am NOT understand Whot is happening!From my last test from UCI ,am Soo from the last two test same wrong !In testing urine (hi put two test from this one analysis,and second NOT).In the last one AFTER TEST LONG TIME AM NOT SO IN MY PROFILO TESTING (ABOUT TWO WEEKS).LATE PUBLICATION WHOT IS TEST NOT ANALYSET (SAME THINK HAPPENED)??AND NOW THIS NOTICE!Also in the morning NAS to check my House!!Am looking to process,and my liberation
And Suitsou has a mixture of supporters and skeptics in the commentary. One of his Belarusian followers questions why there are no results from 2014 or 2015 when he was on Team Sky
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnV218CAPdX/?taken-by=kosta.siutsou
40457765_498968637180823_464835724806455296_n.jpg

there's a button "view all" so it's possible there are options on the view of the controls by the user. he was on Team Sky in 2013 too. no results (shown) from 2016 either (DiData).

also, see "La Orotava" April 3rd. well, at least that shows there's testing in Tenerife :p

If that list were complete the bigger issue would be the nine month gap, I know he wasn't racing but zero OoC testing if legit. Even without the gap still very few "surprise" tests. He was tested in 2017 twice around the same dates so can't imagine the test was unexpected (a few days out from San Sebastian no less). Looks like he just cocked it up?

TRENDING THREADS