• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Katusha thread

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else feel like Katusha is doped to the bones already? This is one of those teams UCI won't give too large of a sh*t about, even with Rodriguez etc.

Something about this year's team screams "sketchy business". And they all look as though they're already flying high on speed.

To top it off, the uniforms are very... :eek:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Pat McQuack was at the Katusha presentation to present an award to one of their riders. whats the bet he was always there receiving his own little reward for the year ahead;)

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Pat McQuack was at the Katusha presentation to present an award to one of their riders. whats the bet he was always there receiving his own little reward for the year ahead;)

a big 1up from me

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Simple: Ekimov spat on Simeoni. He is a well-known doping omerta enforcer, a criminal who enforces mandatory doping and expels clean cyclists from the sport. The UCI can't have this guy heading a cycling team.

If Ekimov withdraws, I would be willing to bet Katusha gets its license. The UCI only cares about its public image.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
According to Lequipe it was Menchov's presence on the team that costs them.

Bit weird imo.
That would be funny, friggin hilarious to be exactly!

Facts UCI. Make bio's public or shut up.

[with Katusha's medical staff u are only looking for trouble but let's be transparant]

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Noone really mourns the loss of Katusha from the PT. Imagine if this was Sky. Surely Leinders working for a year for their team that dominated so convincingly is more damning than Menchov winning close to sweet FA for 2012?

I cannot believe people question why there are 10000 posts in another thread when this thread - the death of a PT team, garners barely a whisper.

1. [Gbr] Sky Professional Cycling Team PRT 15070
2. [Rus] Katusha Team PRT 11754

Damn those dirty, dirty Russians. How dare they get within 50% of the next best team's points for 2012...

Dear Wiggo said:
Noone really mourns the loss of Katusha from the PT. Imagine if this was Sky. Surely Leinders working for a year for their team that dominated so convincingly is more damning than Menchov winning close to sweet FA for 2012?

I cannot believe people question why there are 10000 posts in another thread when this thread - the death of a PT team, garners barely a whisper.

Damn those dirty, dirty Russians. How dare they get within 50% of the next best team's points for 2012...

If J-Rod and Moreno gets taken out, Katusha drops way down the list.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:

brilliant

critical and investigative cycling journalists around the globe: where art thou?

Sep 29, 2012
Dazed and Confused said:
If J-Rod and Moreno gets taken out, Katusha drops way down the list.

Agreed. Which makes Rogers' move, after his points have lost their value (?) to Saxo, who already have a pointsless megastar in Contador, just so outlandishly ridiculously unbelievable in terms of "oh no, he's not leaving due to a suspicious doping past, no not at all...".

Good grief.

Dear Wiggo said:
Agreed. Which makes Rogers' move, after his points have lost their value (?) to Saxo, who already have a pointsless megastar in Contador, just so outlandishly ridiculously unbelievable in terms of "oh no, he's not leaving due to a suspicious doping past, no not at all...".

Good grief.

KAT's top performers in '12 (CQ):

1 J-Rod (CQ ranked 1)
2 Moreno (17)
3 Kristoff (31)
4 Freire (42)
5 Paolini (54)

Not a single Russian/Eastern European in CQ top 100 from KAT, not even Alexandr "TUE" Kolobnev. Clearly whatever cocktail the team was on, it had no effect on the folks from former Soviet Union.

Sep 29, 2012
Dazed and Confused said:
KAT's top performers in '12 (CQ):

1 J-Rod (CQ ranked 1)
2 Moreno (17)
3 Kristoff (31)
4 Freire (42)
5 Paolini (54)

Not a single Russian/Eastern European in CQ top 100 from KAT, not even Alexandr "TUE" Kolobnev. Clearly whatever cocktail the team was on, it had no effect on the folks from former Soviet Union.

Your pedantry is noted. And the people leaving the BRITISH pro tour team, Sky, included AUSTRALIAN, Mick Rogers. But it's still a British team.

Just as Katusha is a Russian team.

The riders, and the countries where their knicks come from, play no part in the "nationality" of the team.

Just sayin'.

It's a Russian team. Hence: dirty, dirty Russians.

Dear Wiggo said:
Your pedantry is noted. And the people leaving the BRITISH pro tour team, Sky, included AUSTRALIAN, Mick Rogers. But it's still a British team.

Just as Katusha is a Russian team.

The riders, and the countries where their knicks come from, play no part in the "nationality" of the team.

Just sayin'.

It's a Russian team. Hence: dirty, dirty Russians.

I see, so not dirty, dirty Australians.

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
Can remember being outside " Doping Control ", one year , when Tom B. spent more time talking to me than being in the control Office giving a sample . I was waiting for " dodger " who had gone in earlier and no doubt was using the facility to evade talking to waiting media . Can you think of a reason anyone would spend 1 1/2hrs on those premises with a comfortable hotel room waiting ? One of the questions i posed as he headed off ! What's a world Championship worth if you have to outwait the media ?

Sep 29, 2012
Dazed and Confused said:
I see, so not dirty, dirty Australians.

Is that what upset you? You're Russian? Look, for my money, Dodger is one of the dodgiest in the bunch from 2012, no question.

But if I am going to assign a country name as a collective noun to a team of multi-national riders, it will be the country of the team, not their knicks manufacturer, or their bike maker, or blah blah blah.

It's nothing personal, it's purely expedient.

TRENDING THREADS