• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kik Confesses, Sort Of...

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
aphronesis said:
Then it's not for you or anyone else to say what's best for "herself". Nor to impose your value system onto how she should inform her children's value system. Certainly not with the sort of vehemence expressed upthread.

This whole forum is about posters saying what is "best" or what one's opinion is. I accept your opinion, but don't value it. Just like I don't value you telling me what I should say in here. "It's not for you to say", you are one self-righteous individual aren't you?

Clearly she doesn't have my value system, not even close. I don't lie, cheat and deal illicit drugs to athletes...and that is just what we know of.

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I find it hard to see harsh criticism of her. Could she have spewed more so that those who have an insatiable desire for more LA dirt could be satisfied? Sure. But put yourself in her shoes. She has to associate herself with Lance for the rest of her life, and we can see how she has treated others. Not a fun proposition.

She also has to deal with the kids, and anything she says now could come back to haunt her in life later as the kids get older and also have to deal with LA.

At this point, what else does she really need to say? The dirt is out, LA is going down, and she stayed out of the mud. A win win for her. No one knows if some of the findings were not uncovered because of her pointing people in the right direction. She may have helped unofficially. Regardless, how could we really be in a position to judge her without walking in her shoes?

odelltrclan said:
I find it hard to see harsh criticism of her. Could she have spewed more so that those who have an insatiable desire for more LA dirt could be satisfied? Sure. But put yourself in her shoes. She has to associate herself with Lance for the rest of her life, and we can see how she has treated others. Not a fun proposition.

She also has to deal with the kids, and anything she says now could come back to haunt her in life later as the kids get older and also have to deal with LA.

At this point, what else does she really need to say? The dirt is out, LA is going down, and she stayed out of the mud. A win win for her. No one knows if some of the findings were not uncovered because of her pointing people in the right direction. She may have helped unofficially. Regardless, how could we really be in a position to judge her without walking in her shoes?

I agreed with this...

As a Mum, I have no idea how I would handle this situation. I hope I would have been strong enough to do the right thing all those years ago, but I haven't walked in her shoes, so I don't actually know.

Neworld said:
This whole forum is about posters saying what is "best" or what one's opinion is. I accept your opinion, but don't value it. Just like I don't value you telling me what I should say in here. "It's not for you to say", you are one self-righteous individual aren't you?

Clearly she doesn't have my value system, not even close. I don't lie, cheat and deal illicit drugs to athletes...and that is just what we know of.

Frankly, the irony of you calling me self-righteous is rather amusing. I can go back over your posts from the last year and extract probably dozens if not at least several which are rife with nothing more than primers in overweening morality, the like of which I suspect not many in this world practice throughout their lives. So you don't lie, cheat, or deal illicit drugs? That's excellent. I guess that therefore qualifies you to sit in judgment on her.

The reality of this situation is that if she wants to write pap for RW and they want to allow it, you and everyone else can quite simply not read it. And your life will roll on unaffected.

The salient difference--is that in life and on the web I don't say what others should say or do--public figures or otherwise--when their actions and decisions have zero bearing on my life, nor are their present actions even making the immediate world a potentially worse place than it already is. (Politicians and those in business and other forms of power are exempt from this--I trust you're able to see why.) That doesn't mean I support them or am indifferent either, but it doesn't mean I expect their present actions to conform to my dim world view. Some call that fascism by another name. In that regard, I both accept and value your opinion--as having a certain significance--but I don't wholly respect it. It might be that some healthy dissonance is more valuable in the long run than just apathetic social conformism.

The further reality is that this whole forum is not just about posters firing off opinions--let alone saying what is best--there are huge differences in the level of discourse from thread to thread, poster to poster. See if you can spot the difference between those offering reasoned *personal* positions and those who are braying.

TRENDING THREADS