Kik Confesses, Sort Of...

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
bigmatt24 said:
Chill out. She's got some explaining to do, but she also has a kid with the guy, a kid who is now old enough to start to understand just how f***ed up this whole situation is. She has the unenviable job of parenting the kid, and for the kid's sake, I understand why she's not being totally forthcoming. I'm not sure I would be, either. Her situation is unique.

Again, I'm not saying she doesn't have some explaining to do.
Well the kids will have to grow up fast and only have their parents to blame for it I suppose. As per her public "coming out" its better to keep quite no, than to put this into the context of "my sorrow" and "my misgivings"? I don't understand why she felt the need, in light of the kids, to say anything. She should keep what she has to say, if she must, to the courtroom. ;)
 
Sep 5, 2009
1,239
0
0
Susan Westemeyer said:
"martial" privilege?

I assume she means "marital" and I also had always understood that was optional -- one couldn't be forced to testify against a spouse, but could if one wanted to -- and further that it didn't apply to ex-spouses.
The power and influence of "The Clinic". "Martial" has been now amended to "marital" in the blog.

Everyone say hi to Kiki. :)
 
Oct 2, 2012
152
1
0
There are many things being said about me right now; some are true and some are not. But to me, responding to them is like contrasting snowflakes in the middle of an avalanche – what on earth is the point?
An appropriate metaphor.

Avalanches occur when there are strong layers of snowflakes overlying layers of weak snowflakes. A trigger causes the weak layer to finally fail, and the strong takes the tumble wiping out everything in it's path.
 
Berzin said:
I just finished reading what was the most nauseating piece of self-serving drivel I've read in a long time.

I challenge anyone to get through this quote and not vomit from sheer disgust-

"When I wrote my first article for Runner’s World, I described how I carried an invisible pack of sadness over all those miles in my first marathon. I never said exactly what was in that pack, nor do I need to. Sadness sums it up pretty well."

"An invisible pack of sadness"...that is so terrible it beggars belief.
LOL!

Very good. ..sums up my disgust with her.

Never had been a runner...then started trotting around her tony neighborhood and got this position (because her last name was Armstrong) now blathering incessantly to readers about all her runs, etc...

Runners World is a simpy mag anyway...but they found the perfect voice for their followers.

sorry, my rant for the day.:p
 
Poor Kik. Women who can just tell their kids that daddy went to prison have it much easier. And I mean that.
Lying for an ex mostly because he's your lifeline to wealth, I cannot approve of that. Yes the dad is a creep, but against a guy like him it's easy to get a restraining order. Keep at least 2 state barriers between her and kids and him.
If OJ was capable of weird *** shyt, hold on for what Lance has to show for himself when he feels betrayed (and we know he will, even with the truth and nothing the truth).
Writing a blog though (no, couldn't make it through) seems to serve to place herself in a role of victim, rather than dope nurse. I wonder who handles her PR, and who offered to pay for it.
 
Oct 25, 2010
434
0
0
mewmewmew13 said:
She's got a timid and fluffy seeming personality....I can't stand her chirpy little writing style.
She is a coward....stand up and declare in plainspeak or clam up.
no kidding...and she even prides herself on her honesty...quite a clan they got there...now if she had written something like "anyone who thinks I am gonna do anything to stop this gravytrain I have been riding, then you need to go on medication" I might give her a minor kudos...
 
Oct 2, 2012
152
1
0
The Gnome said:
no kidding...and she even prides herself on her honesty...quite a clan they got there...now if she had written something like "anyone who think I am gonna do anything to stop this gravytrain I have been riding, then you need to go on medication" I might give her a minor kudos...
And she can hand out the medication as well.
 
Oct 8, 2012
237
1
0
Her silence is deafening. It's people like Kristen who the Omertà wants. She's a liar as much as Armstrong or any of those other riders. They have kids too. So? She's deceived people, standing up and acting self-righteous. Fake smile, non-genuine Kik.

Kristin had as much, or MORE, to do with the doping than any of those USPS riders. Multiple USPS riders testified that she obtained and provided them drugs. She was the one wrapping the drugs in tin foil to evade detection! Just sick! She's lucky she didn't get busted at the border or she really would be in jail.

Don't tell me she doesn't deserve criticism. Kristin is disgraceful! Why does she deserve a cush job while others who have been honest and de the right thing are the ones who are jobless and struggling?
 
Nov 11, 2011
85
0
0
el hipopotamo said:
well done, el hipo! :D

I had a smilar reaction as several others to the "invisible pack of sadness" thing...maybe Liggett will read her column and have a new phrase to use in his next interview. mewmewmew, maybe we can also add a barf bag of...nah, too literal.
 
Big Daddy said:
Her silence is deafening. It's people like Kristen who the Omertà wants. She's a liar as much as Armstrong or any of those other riders. They have kids too. So? She's deceived people, standing up and acting self-righteous. Fake smile, non-genuine Kik.

Kristin had as much, or MORE, to do with the doping than any of those USPS riders. Multiple USPS riders testified that she obtained and provided them drugs. She was the one wrapping the drugs in tin foil to evade detection! Just sick! She's lucky she didn't get busted at the border or she really would be in jail.

Don't tell me she doesn't deserve criticism. Kristin is disgraceful! Why does she deserve a cush job while others who have been honest and de the right thing are the ones who are jobless and struggling?
Yes. She should be invoking the 5th rather than martial (sic) privilege.

How many Hail Mary's has she had to repeat following Confession?

But, I can see her concern with communication to her children.

'Daddy is a crook, and I am too' might be a difficult bedtime story. However, if she wants to set a positive role model, honesty is always the best policy. Children are much, much more aware than their parents typically concede.

Remember the occasion where Lance's daughter got his Tri medal, and Lance ignored her because it wasn't gold?

The kids know.

Dave.
 
Oct 8, 2012
237
1
0
D-Queued said:
Yes. She should be invoking the 5th rather than martial (sic) privilege.

How many Hail Mary's has she had to repeat following Confession?

But, I can see her concern with communication to her children.

'Daddy is a crook, and I am too' might be a difficult bedtime story. However, if she wants to set a positive role model, honesty is always the best policy. Children are much, much more aware than their parents typically concede.

Remember the occasion where Lance's daughter got his Tri medal, and Lance ignored her because it wasn't gold?

The kids know.

Dave.

Actually, daddy is a crook, but so is mommy.
 
Jun 30, 2012
1,300
0
0
She just needs to just go away. What a nauseating writing style. She says nothing, and with no style. Who cares? Yes, please - just go away.
 
May 27, 2012
6,458
0
0
I read the piece and my take is a bit different than many here.

First: She does make it clear that she has a dirty past, and if you read the 202 pages, you know exactly what she is talking about without her having to give a single detail.

Second: Are any of you divorced? Do any of you have to deal with children who have two houses? Do any of you understand the damage done to children when one parent betrays and derides the other? Do any of you really understand how ****ed-up it is to do that to a kid? Do all of you realize that she is caring for 3 children who's father is the biggest fraud in sporting history? Do any of you see any reason why her piling on would be anything but a) useless; and b) hurt her kids even more?

Sure, she could have been one of those to come clean. Sure, she knows the dirty details. Sure, she could put the nail in the coffin if she wanted. But on a real level, there are far more important things for her to consider in this. Any of you who have children who think in her spot, there is a clear, easy answer to what you'd do are full of sh!t. She's got no good options. My hope is that she took her settlement and any spousal and child support and invested wisely because the Lance well is going to run dry. I have always said I felt sorry for his kids, and I was not being a d!ck when I said that. I really do. Imagine what they are going through because of no fault of their own. They don't deserve any of this.

/RANT
 
Jul 7, 2009
583
0
0
It's sad mom and dad didn't give this as much consideration as you have.
Till death do you part.
The kids always suffer due to the parents selfishness.
Yes, selfishness. The welfare of the children, sadly is not often the first consideration.
 
Agree with Chewee.
The kids are victims here. You'd almost hope for them that their dad is a bad dad, and they are not too fond or emotionally bonded with him. This might soften their fall when inevitably they'll realize the baffling truth. If their dad is their hero as any average dad, or worse: their hero dad is their #1 story they tell everyone about on their own initiative, it's going to be one hard ride through life for them. We can only hope that Kik's non-denial and self congratulatory ways are only too hide her strong Betsy-esk ethics wich she'll teach them.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY