• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kimmage and Walsh...what have they been saying?

I haven't heard any public comments from these two infamous Armstrong fanboys ever since this whole Federal investigation began.

Have they made statements? Have they written any articles on this topic?

I would think they'd be all over it, but being from the states I don't get to read too much of their stuff.

Any links to relevant articles would be appreciated.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I've wondered the same. Still, those two led the way and most of what's been said lately is old news to them and would only be a re-iteration

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Berzin said:
I haven't heard any public comments from these two infamous Armstrong fanboys ever since this whole Federal investigation began.

I would think they'd be all over it, but being from the states I don't get to read too much of their stuff.

they have written articles and Kimmage did interviews. i think they have made the intelligent decision to leave it at that and see what the end result is. They have both been further down the road with their books so why back track. There are new allegations but Walsh/Ballestre have covered nearly everything one could possibly need to know about LA and whether he was doping.

Could be they don't need to tell everybody "told you so".......Walsh might and i say might if his 'LATL' is to be reissued add another chapter dealing with the Feds and all therein from it...but LA being a doper as Landis confirmed is nothing different from what Walsh/Ballestre have written in 2 books so far.

Both are not strictly cycling journalists, but sports journalists. Kimmage is an award winning interviewer and ghost wrote Faldo's biography with him. Walsh's connection with cycling started when Kelly started riding the tour and he as a sports journalist was sent to cover it. Walsh lived 10 miles from Kelly in Ireland as kids and has written 2 books on him. But wrote about alot of other sports and still does.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Berzin said:

They both commented at the time of "Landis emails" - but have been pretty quiet since. I believe DW is writing on other sports and PK is writing a book on Matt Hampson. PK was at the Tour (& meant to be with Team Sky) but the ST being a UK paper he covered Wiggins and Cav.

Walsh Times article.

Kimmage on Irish radio, a CN article covering that interview, he also did an interview on RTE radio (it may be Geo restricted- as it does not work for me!).

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
They both commented at the time of "Landis emails" - but have been pretty quiet since. I believe DW is writing on other sports and PK is writing a book on Matt Hampson. PK was at the Tour (& meant to be with Team Sky) but the ST being a UK paper he covered Wiggins and Cav.

Walsh Times article.

Kimmage on Irish radio, a CN article covering that interview, he also did an interview on RTE radio (it may be Geo restricted- as it does not work for me!).

Rte only hold programmes on the player for a limited time so its been taken down

TRENDING THREADS