• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kimmage interview on CN

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Ah...being pished might explain it..hadn`t considered that..perhaps Oliver Reed was your kinda guy.:D
Mind, with the jumbled mix of "dont care", "do care" selection of contradictions and blantent "winding up" purely for your own amusement I guess drink might provide the salution to geting on with yourself.:)...God knows ya enough to drive others to it!;)

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Darryl Webster said:
Ah...being pished might explain it..hadn`t considered that..perhaps Oliver Reed was your kinda guy.:D
Mind, with the jumbled mix of "dont care", "do care" selection of contradictions and blantent "winding up" purely for your own amusement I guess drink might provide the salution to geting on with yourself.:)...God knows ya enough to drive others to it!;)

Peter O'Toole, Richard Harrison, Richard Burton,Oliver Reed, Elvis, all fantastic. Liked the grape.
My deal with Kimmage is I do not like to see personal confrontations around sport. Same with LeMond, Same with Lance calling out Simeoni. Lance shouldering a pedestrian this year after a tour stage or calling out at the bratty little Luxumburgian pre-teen. I saw two pros going at it one trying to hit the other with his front wheel this year. Why on earth do humans act this way, especially in the public eye.
That is base ugliness in our human nature.
I personally liked what Kimmage said today in the article. There was nothing wrong with what he said or how he said it.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
Peter O'Toole, Richard Harrison, Richard Burton,Oliver Reed, Elvis, all fantastic. Liked the grape.
My deal with Kimmage is I do not like to see personal confrontations around sport. Same with LeMond, Same with Lance calling out Simeoni. Lance shouldering a pedestrian this year after a tour stage or calling out at the bratty little Luxumburgian pre-teen. I saw two pros going at it one trying to hit the other with his front wheel this year. Why on earth do humans act this way, especially in the public eye.
That is base ugliness in our human nature.
I personally liked what Kimmage said today in the article. There was nothing wrong with what he said or how he said it.

I have not seen any evidence to compare Kimmage or Waslh to the exploits in the alcoholic beverage intake leagues compare to the above mentioned actors.

Remember Flicky that a lawyer can find you for slander and to make such pathetic allegations is typical of you.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:

Enjoy this from Richard Harris;;)

"There Are Too Many Saviours On My Cross"

A dramatic spoken reading written and performed by Richard
Harris on his album, "Slides" copyright 1971 by ABC Records.

This was written with regards to the fighting in Northern
Ireland which was particularly bloody around that time.
I think its application is much more universal.

There are too many saviours on my cross
lending their blood to flood out my ballot-box
with needs of their own.

Who put you there?
Who told you that that was your place?

You carry me secretly naked in your hearts,
and clothe me publicly in armour, saying
"God is on our side,"
Yet I openly cry
"Who is on My side? Who, tell Me who?
You who buried your sons and crippled your fathers
whilst you buried My Father in crippling His Son."

The antiquated Saxon sword, rusty in its scabbard of time,
now rises.
You gave it cause in My name,
bringing shame to the thorned head that once bled for
your salvation.
I hear your cries in the far-off byways, and your
mouth pointing north and south,
and my Calvary looms again, desperate in rebirth.
Your earth is partitioned but in contrition
it is the partition in your hearts that you must abolish.

You nightly watchers of Gethsemane,
who sat through my nightly trial delivering me from evil,
now, deserted, I watch you share your silver.
Your purse, rich in hate, bleeds my veins of love,
shattering my bone in the dust of the Boxside
and the Shaghill Road.

There is no issue stronger than the tissue of love,
no need as holy as the palm outstretched in the
run of generosity,
no monstrosity greater than the anger you inflict.

Who gave you the right to increase your fold while
decreasing the pastures of My flock?
Who gave you the right? Who gave it to you, who?
and in whose name do you fight?

I am not in heaven,
I am here, hear Me.
I am with you, see Me,
I am in you, feel Me,
I am of you, be Me,
I am for you, need Me.
I am all mankind, only through kindness will you reach Me.

What masked and bannered men can rock the ark
and navigate a course to their own anointed kingdom come?
Who sailed their captain to waters that they troubled
in My font, sinking in the ignorant seas of prejudice?

There is no virgin willing to conceive in the heat of
any bloody Sunday.
You children, lying in cries on Derry streets,
pushing your innocence into the full-flushed face of Christian guns,
battling the blame on each other,
Do not grow tongues in your dying dumb wounds speaking My name.
I am not your prize in your death,
you have exorcised Me in your game of politics.

Go home to your knees, and worship Me in any cloth,
for I was never tailor-made.
And who told you I was? Who gave you the right to think it?
Take your beads in your crippled hands.
Can you count My decades?
Take My love in your crippled hearts.
Can you count the loss?

I am not orange, I am not green,
I am a half-ripe fruit, needing both colors to grow into ripeness,
and shame on you to have withered my orchard!
I, in my poverty, alone and without trust,
cry shame on you and shame on you again and again
for converting Me into a bullet and shooting Me into men's hearts.

The ageless legend of My trial grows old, and the youth of your pulse,
staggering shamelessly from barricade to grave,
filing in the book of history My needless death one April,
Let Me in My betrayal lie low in My grave,
and you in your bitterness lie low in yours,
for our measurements grow strangely dissimilar.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, sullied be Thy Name!

The Devil

BANNED
Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Please use quotes so that I don't accidentally put you in my ignore list :p

Don't worry dude some idiot was messing about with My computer. It were not me it was My brother. He got a slap on the wrist. I rectified the problem. Have to change My password and keep it from prying eyes.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
I have not seen any evidence to compare Kimmage or Waslh to the exploits in the alcoholic beverage intake leagues compare to the above mentioned actors.

Remember Flicky that a lawyer can find you for slander and to make such pathetic allegations is typical of you.

My guess is that Kimmage and Mr. LeMond have far more important"work" to do then pummel this poor sod with a defamation suit.

Just as all the Lance haters on this site have pummeled us with derogatory Armstrong and Bruyneel drivel. Do a comparison, my "baseless drivel" vs. the Lance/ Shack drivel. I saw that when Shack and Lance advertising here. Whatchu talkin bout Willis? I am not attacking LeMond or Kimmage I am making fun of the majority on this site who have nothing better than to smack down the kingpin douche cheater. Ask the moderators how much of that drivel is on here?

The Devil

BANNED
Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Darryl Webster said:
Enjoy this from Richard Harris;;)

"There Are Too Many Saviours On My Cross"

A dramatic spoken reading written and performed by Richard
Harris on his album, "Slides" copyright 1971 by ABC Records.

This was written with regards to the fighting in Northern
Ireland which was particularly bloody around that time.
I think its application is much more universal.

There are too many saviours on my cross
lending their blood to flood out my ballot-box
with needs of their own.

Who put you there?
Who told you that that was your place?

You carry me secretly naked in your hearts,
and clothe me publicly in armour, saying
"God is on our side,"
Yet I openly cry
"Who is on My side? Who, tell Me who?
You who buried your sons and crippled your fathers
whilst you buried My Father in crippling His Son."

The antiquated Saxon sword, rusty in its scabbard of time,
now rises.
You gave it cause in My name,
bringing shame to the thorned head that once bled for
your salvation.
I hear your cries in the far-off byways, and your
mouth pointing north and south,
and my Calvary looms again, desperate in rebirth.
Your earth is partitioned but in contrition
it is the partition in your hearts that you must abolish.

You nightly watchers of Gethsemane,
who sat through my nightly trial delivering me from evil,
now, deserted, I watch you share your silver.
Your purse, rich in hate, bleeds my veins of love,
shattering my bone in the dust of the Boxside
and the Shaghill Road.

There is no issue stronger than the tissue of love,
no need as holy as the palm outstretched in the
run of generosity,
no monstrosity greater than the anger you inflict.

Who gave you the right to increase your fold while
decreasing the pastures of My flock?
Who gave you the right? Who gave it to you, who?
and in whose name do you fight?

I am not in heaven,
I am here, hear Me.
I am with you, see Me,
I am in you, feel Me,
I am of you, be Me,
I am for you, need Me.
I am all mankind, only through kindness will you reach Me.

What masked and bannered men can rock the ark
and navigate a course to their own anointed kingdom come?
Who sailed their captain to waters that they troubled
in My font, sinking in the ignorant seas of prejudice?

There is no virgin willing to conceive in the heat of
any bloody Sunday.
You children, lying in cries on Derry streets,
pushing your innocence into the full-flushed face of Christian guns,
battling the blame on each other,
Do not grow tongues in your dying dumb wounds speaking My name.
I am not your prize in your death,
you have exorcised Me in your game of politics.

Go home to your knees, and worship Me in any cloth,
for I was never tailor-made.
And who told you I was? Who gave you the right to think it?
Take your beads in your crippled hands.
Can you count My decades?
Take My love in your crippled hearts.
Can you count the loss?

I am not orange, I am not green,
I am a half-ripe fruit, needing both colors to grow into ripeness,
and shame on you to have withered my orchard!
I, in my poverty, alone and without trust,
cry shame on you and shame on you again and again
for converting Me into a bullet and shooting Me into men's hearts.

The ageless legend of My trial grows old, and the youth of your pulse,
staggering shamelessly from barricade to grave,
filing in the book of history My needless death one April,
Let Me in My betrayal lie low in My grave,
and you in your bitterness lie low in yours,
for our measurements grow strangely dissimilar.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, sullied be Thy Name!

Needless to say that this has nothing to do With Paul Kimmage. This does not belong on a Cycling thread. If I were a moderator I would delete this post. I would be careful about posting something like this. I am not Irish but I know some Irish people and they would take offence to this post i am sure.

Polish said:
I believe this is what JV would consider a media "Farticle".

Especially the part about shunning Alberto even before the complicated science is all done.

I like it!

I think JV probably stands on the same side of the street. He tested positive, what else do you need? Shun the dude.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
The Devil said:
Needless to say that this has nothing to do With Paul Kimmage. This does not belong on a Cycling thread. If I were a moderator I would delete this post. I would be careful about posting something like this. I am not Irish but I know some Irish people and they would take offence to this post i am sure.

Woh there...That a person may take offense bestowes on them some responsibilty in doing so and if you cared to take the time to undertand the poem you`d understand it`s about somthing far bigger than the Irish issue and doesnt take sides but rather adress`s the whole.
I could even argue a relevance to the topic in that some might say Lances bilgerant rightousness is typical of those that assume to know whats correct while smiting vengfully those that disagree.
But some might sugest thats streching it and rather pretentious.;)

Transcript of Paul Kimmage's radio interview in Ireland, 9/10/08: When I heard it being mooted first that he was coming back, I thought well that's fine, because the first thing ASO are going to say is 'sorry Lance, we've seen your results from the 1999 tests , you're not coming back.' I expected a similar statement from Pat McQuaid. What's happened instead is that Christian Prudhomme has said 'yes, you can come back, no problem.' And Pat McQiad has said 'I really admire this man, he's a tremendous ambassador for cycling.' What we're getting here is the corporate dollars and the money that's going to accompany this guy back into the game. The money that's going to bring for Nike, one of the big sponsors of the Tour. And for the UCI, who have been experiencing some serious problems in the last couple of years.
Yes that was mind-boggling, they should have told him to shove it, oddly enough Patrice Clerc who had cracked down on the cheats "left" a few days before LA announced his comeback, he's been asked about that a few times since but declined to comment, probably part of his "deal" with ASO, so there was money involved at all ends.

Kimmage must have been happy to see the "cancer of cycling" make a fool of himself last summer though, better than nothing, at least until Novitsky plays with him.

The Devil

BANNED
Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatandfast
Kimmage's 1990 book was a real game changer..I saw everybody around me doping..but I didn't do it.

Kimmage is a major hypocrite. I own his book have read it. .".but I didn't do it."

He used amphetamines during his career which he openly admitted to. So he was doper to. Now he rant's about guy's who have doped and are doping. There are those that would argue that he has no credibility. Paul Kimmage was a doper also. Now he slamming his own kind. The doper's.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
The Devil said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatandfast
Kimmage's 1990 book was a real game changer..I saw everybody around me doping..but I didn't do it.

Kimmage is a major hypocrite. I own his book have read it. .".but I didn't do it."

He used amphetamines during his career which he openly admitted to. So he was doper to. Now he rant's about guy's who have doped and are doping. There are those that would argue that he has no credibility. Paul Kimmage was a doper also. Now he slamming his own kind. The doper's.

Did you read his book? Or did you read todays piece?
He mentioned one name as regards doping in his book - in todays piece he mentioned the Armstrong investigation, Contadors positive & Schlecks reaction.

Basically he is saying what he said 20 years ago - thats not hypocritical, thats consistent.

The Devil

BANNED
Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Did you read his book? Or did you read todays piece?
He mentioned one name as regards doping in his book - in todays piece he mentioned the Armstrong investigation, Contadors positive & Schlecks reaction.

Basically he is saying what he said 20 years ago - thats not hypocritical, thats consistent.

What i mean is he is a hypocrite for ranting against doper's when he himself was a doper.

In other word's he accuses with merit but he himself was no angel.

In his own word's " lance the cancer is back " meaning doping . Armstrong could of well turned around and said " listen Paul, I believe to my knowledge that You Yourself used amphetamines during Your career, did You not " Who are You to speak"

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
The Devil said:
What i mean is he is a hypocrite for ranting against doper's when he himself was a doper.

In his own word's " lance the cancer is back " meaning doping . Armstrong could of well turned around and said " listen Paul, I believe to my knowledge that You Yourself used amphetamines during Your career, did You not " Who are You to speak"

really? Only the pure may question what is wrong with the sport? That eliminates a large percentage of a the last 20 years.

The Devil

BANNED
Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
really? Only the pure may question what is wrong with the sport? That eliminates a large percentage of a the last 20 years.

It certainly does but some of those that were pure and spoke were ousted from
the peleton and "exiled." Pardon the pun. Example: Christopher Basson's.

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Kimmage could of just as easily said " I never tested positive", which by the way he never did. He admitted he took drugs under no pressure from anyone and told us all how bad it was/is as a pro cyclist. Knowing Armstrong doped (at least in 1999) shows Armstrong to be a liar and a cheat, even when caught he isnt man enough to admit it. I'm not a Lance hater, unlike most here I have met him, and it was before he was (very)famous, when starting out as a euro-pro, so I have some first hand knowledge of him.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
The Devil said:

No - with Armstrong it is more than doping.

In 2008 there was a feeling of optimism that the doping was being finally tackled. With Armstrongs return the optimism went away - Clerc was replaced, the UCI ignored its own rules and a veil of silence returned over the sport.

The Devil

BANNED
Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Irish2009 said:
Kimmage could of just as easily said " I never tested positive", which by the way he never did. He admitted he took drugs under no pressure from anyone and told us all how bad it was/is as a pro cyclist. Knowing Armstrong doped (at least in 1999) shows Armstrong to be a liar and a cheat, even when caught he isnt man enough to admit it. I'm not a Lance hater, unlike most here I have met him, and it was before he was (very)famous, when starting out as a euro-pro, so I have some first hand knowledge of him.

Well I Myself am not into camp divisions like Lance haters, or Lemond haters. I think that stuff is well passed it's sell by date by now. And frankly a little childish.
It breed's mob culture. There is a huge difference between kimmage and armstrong though. I mean what had kimmage got to loose by his own omission to using drugs. He had no victories in his career. He certainly did not make much money out of it. On the other hand If I were in armstrongs shoes I would not hold up My hand and say " hey I did it, I doped " either would You or anyone else. He has large vested interests, and is worth a reputed $100 MILLION. (Original typo rectified)
Any one would strenuously deny any wrong doing in his case to preserve his fortune and hold a legacy. A legacy that will come and is crashing around him. But hey the dude will still be worth a fortune. And that is what it all boils down to at the end of the day is Money.

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Dude, at the time Kimmage had "nothing to lose" except knowing that his actions were about to prevent him from ever working in the sport again, in any capacity. He also knew that people he considered friends were about to sh*t on his head for what he was about to go public with.

Read the book, please.

TRENDING THREADS