• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kindness

Do you think kindness is taken as weakness?

• I don't read forums especially Cycling News Forum.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
As to forum, I don't think so. There are many posters who handle any things very kindly&peacefully like Jens, Afrank or Vino attacks everyone. These guys is a forum driving force actually. :)

As to real life, probably yes. Though person can be very gentle, even sensitive to others but at the same time very self-rigorous and determined. It is my ideal probably.

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Some people do interpret it as a weakness, but I disagree. Kindness is completely separate from being easy-manipulated. There is a huge difference between doing good things for others because you want to do it for them and doing good things for others because they want you to do it for them. I don't think the distinction is made explicitly very often, but I think people generally have a concept of both and understand the difference.

alitogata said:
No because I believe that we have to have a strong personality in order to be kind and gentle in our world.. :)

Yeup. It takes a lot more self control to be kind in situations that stir anger or emotions that tend to generate unkind behavior.

Pretty much whatever is in someone's heart eventually comes out the mouth. Or, what comes out the mouth is a reflection of what's in someone's heart.

I don't know how to answer that. What type of kindness (as opposed to something like common courtesy), and toward what individual? A perfect stranger IRL? Your boss? Family and/or friends? Somebody on the internet?

Each situation/individual will probably come out with a different answer as far as I'm concerned, anyway.

kindly

last week in the toon centre finding 2 pound coins i gave 1 immediately

to a beggar

yesterday i was happy to help a stranger catch their errant dog

today i carefully lifted a distressed spider out of the dogs water bowl

join me in random acts of kindness......................it will make the world

a better place!