• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders King Albert I of Denmark thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Is there something that this kid can't do on a bike?

_130777554_1b6e39ed986ba2670b5b30aea409bdcb51372ce2.jpg

Possibly.

It's acrobats/gymnastics on a Bike. I have seen clips fo these guys and they are amazing. Not my cup of tea but watching some clips of this stuff is Fun.
Maybe it's impressive what they do, but I still think bikes are for riding, not circus tricks.

I can't wait for the 40 year old Thomas to win all 3 GTs in 2025. As for AWP, I think this is just wishful thinking by INEOS/GCN. There is a lot of uncertainty about that team, he would be foolish to sign there now.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Of course, he's the hottest prospect at the moment, so maybe he can afford to wait. But I wouldn't be surprised if teams are already pushing to sign him to some kind of pre-contract. Pogacar signed with the UAE at 17, two years before he was officially announced...
UAE didn't even exist when Pogacar was 17 (nor when he was 18), so this is definitely not true. Furthermore, on manier occasion Lefevere has stated his regret for not signing Pogacar earlier, because Matxin, who at that time was under contract with QuickStep and Lefevere and scouted Pogacar under said contract, then signed him to UAE. And Matxin didn't get to UAE until 2018.

I can't wait for the 40 year old Thomas to win all 3 GTs in 2025. As for AWP, I think this is just wishful thinking by INEOS/GCN. There is a lot of uncertainty about that team, he would be foolish to sign there now.
If we ignore the question marks surrounding the team and look at fit sec, INEOS is absolutely the best place to go. Everything he wants in his career is already in place with Pidders and PFP.

But just to be clear, he signed in 2016, and then it was announced in 2018, with his contract starting from 2019? So even if he was 17 at the time he signed, he turned 18 in the same year?

UAE didn't even exist when Pogacar was 17 (nor when he was 18), so this is definitely not true. Furthermore, on manier occasion Lefevere has stated his regret for not signing Pogacar earlier, because Matxin, who at that time was under contract with QuickStep and Lefevere and scouted Pogacar under said contract, then signed him to UAE. And Matxin didn't get to UAE until 2018.

My mistake. You guys are probably right that he signed a contract with the UAE when he was 18. This article was written in January 2, 2019 and said the UAE contacted him two years ago - https://www.rouleur.cc/blogs/the-ro...s-first-tour-de-l-avenir-winner-tadej-pogacar

If we ignore the question marks surrounding the team and look at fit sec, INEOS is absolutely the best place to go. Everything he wants in his career is already in place with Pidders and PFP.

But there is also the question of whether Pinarello will stay with INEOS. I guess Pinarello had a big role in getting INEOS to have an MTB team, as they wanted to promote the new Dogma XC.

Apparently, and Danes can correct me if I got this wrong, Lidl-Trek accidentally made an announcement he signed for them and then deleted said announcement. Carrera (his agent) then denied said agreement through Ekstrabladet, but Ekstrabladet also has sources he will sign with Lidl-Trek regardless.

Source: https://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/cykli...roeler-dansk-komets-agent-afkraefter/10041586

It does appear to be the case that they (Trek) did so.
Now, the question is; have they not actually signed him, or have they signed him, but forgot that they're not actually allowed to announce it yet?
At least I assume that they're not allowed to announce it... it's before August 1st next year.