• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

King of the Mountains - Predictions

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Predict your top 3 now:

1 RODRIGUEZ
2 VOECKLER
3 NIBALI

Outsiders/others who could sneak into the Top 3 be default:

Pinot, Rolland, Nieve, Valverde, De Marchi, Navarro

Thoughts?

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
PoolhouseDave said:
Predict your top 3 now:

1 RODRIGUEZ
2 VOECKLER
3 NIBALI

Outsiders/others who could sneak into the Top 3 be default:

Pinot, Rolland, Nieve, Valverde, De Marchi, Navarro

Thoughts?

I like this prediction, Pinot and Valverde are still podium contenders and Roland wont steal points from Voeckler.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
tony-martin_4.jpeg

the suffering machine aka Panzerwagen.
2.Murito
3.Nibbs

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Alcanelo said:
Should be Nibbles at this stage...Purito won't be any way near as consistent as Nibali

Purito is just getting better. So he can win stages from breakaways (which he surely will) and i can see him being the best climber of the race in the last 2 pyrenees stages. So he can drop Nibbles and co at that point.

Purito win is sure, without bad luck.

I wonder if Majka and Konig will get into this race...

KOM (stage 13)
1. NIBALI Vincenzo 70 pts
2. RODRIGUEZ Joaquim 53 pts
3. PINOT Thibaut 41 pts
4. VALVERDE Alejandro 40 pts
5. MAJKA Rafal 40 pts
6. VOECKLER Thomas 34 pts
7. KONIG Leopold 32 pts

If I counted correct, these are the points available for remainder of the stages.
Risoul 55
Bagneres-de-Luchon 34
Saint-Lary Pla d'Adet 80
Hautacam 79
Bergerac 1
Paris Champs-Élysées 1

Regarding König and Majka, the first one is probably too near to get points through the breakaway. Majka can battle for the jersey same way as Rodriguez.

Would be funny if two riders were equal on points going to last stage and then battle for the jersey in 4th category climb.

I think tommorow will be similar to previous breakaway stages involving those two. Majka not sprininting for 1st cat climbs, silently taking 2nd places behind Purito, then running away on the final climb hoping Nibali wont catch him and Rodriguez will crack. (or maybe I am wrong and he will contest for points during the stage since he holds the jersey now)

damian13ster said:
I think tommorow will be similar to previous breakaway stages involving those two. Majka not sprininting for 1st cat climbs, silently taking 2nd places behind Purito, then running away on the final climb hoping Nibali wont catch him and Rodriguez will crack. (or maybe I am wrong and he will contest for points during the stage since he holds the jersey now)
If he can make points in every climb with no effort and in the last climb still run away from Nibali he should be contesting for yellow not for the red dots jersey.

Escarabajo said:
If he can make points in every climb with no effort and in the last climb still run away from Nibali he should be contesting for yellow not for the red dots jersey.

Well, I think he is quite far from yellow jersey :D, but saved more energy in earlier stages. Also, it is with assumption that he will have a headstart because of breakaway. In stage 13 even before such handicap at last climb he took 2nd (of course, he wasnt marked) and in stage 14 he had just 50s advantage at the beginning of last climb or something close to that and held it.

I am in no way suggesting that he is strong enough to climb faster than Nibali, but with decent gap at the start he has the best shot to hold on among those that could be potentially allowed in the break.

TRENDING THREADS