• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Koala's attacking Cyclists in Australia?

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Cool video. I can't actually remember seeing a Koala in the wild. I've seen almost everything else, but no Koalas. I'm surprised he/she felt confident enough to traverse near a road. Brave koala.

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Wow.. this is so cute. Are Koalas used to people? This one seems very familiar with you.. It is adorable.

P.S.. Hey.. give to this water bottle a good wash. It seems sooo dirty on the outside.. don't you smirtch your hands when you touch it? :)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
If you go to Australia Zoo in Queensland or go to Healesville Sanctuary which is 1.5hours from Melbourne, you can easily pat animals such as Koalas and Kangaroos. They are very calm and will let you pat them if you are clam with them.