• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kopp suspended one year for cocaine use.

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
What is this supposed to be!?

Kopp uses cocaine and gets suspended right away. With Boonen, a superstar who has been performing dismally since Paris-Roubaix tests positive twice and he's still competing in races like Le Tour de France.

Is this supposed to be a joke? :confused:

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
The distinction with cocaine is made by whether or not is taken during competition as the half life is not sufficient to provide long lasting benefits. As far as i am aware Boonen tested positive out of competition. So not a matter of justice, rather a matter of law/rules

awal3207 said:
The distinction with cocaine is made by whether or not is taken during competition as the half life is not sufficient to provide long lasting benefits. As far as i am aware Boonen tested positive out of competition. So not a matter of justice, rather a matter of law/rules

This is correct. Boonen's tests were all out-of-competition, and Kopp's was at a race.

Susan

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
An additional detail: If the test is the day before a race, it also counts as "in-competition".

I don't care much for Kopp. A few years ago his DS spent most of the race yelling at him throught the radio from the team car during Paris-Roubaix. He never answered.

At the end of the race, it turned out instead of the radio he'd ridden with an iPod...He said he just "went with the music" and cruised through the race.

How professional of him.

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
An additional detail: If the test is the day before a race, it also counts as "in-competition".

I don't care much for Kopp. A few years ago his DS spent most of the race yelling at him throught the radio from the team car during Paris-Roubaix. He never answered.

At the end of the race, it turned out instead of the radio he'd ridden with an iPod...He said he just "went with the music" and cruised through the race.

How professional of him.

i would so rather listen to some tunes than race around northern france with the shouts and bawls of a DS who has 9 positive tests returns at Gerolsteiner alone. i take it your talking about Rolf Gölz who was in team car 1 that day.

PROFESSIONAL!!!! you got to be joking
Professional pusher! look at his line up for that season:
David Kopp, Bernhard Kohl. Stefan Schumacher, Davide Rebellin,

a DS has a inherent duty of care to protect the well being, (mental and physical health) of his riders. therefore he /they/ the team were not acting in a professional manner.
doping was endemic at Gerolsteiner.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
the truth. said:
i would so rather listen to some tunes than race around northern france with the shouts and bawls of a DS who has 9 positive tests returns at Gerolsteiner alone. i take it your talking about Rolf Gölz who was in team car 1 that day.

How would Kopp be annoyed at Gerolsteiner for the doping going on at the team? If he wasn't clean, he wouldn't care, and if he was clean (fat chance) he wouldn't know.

the truth. said:
PROFESSIONAL!!!! you got to be joking

I don't know how much more obvious I could've made the sarcasm :p