• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne, 26/02/'17, 200.7k

0023.jpg

It's that time of the year again. Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne, the race that somehow always manages to surprise us. And the race that caused my parents a hole lot of trouble trying to get to the hospital when I was born.
Last year's edition was won by Jasper Stuyven after an outstanding performance. I think we all hope that this year's edition will be just as memorable. (Hint: I want the same winner as in 2007,2008 and 2014) :)

Startlist: http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne%20_2017_Startlist
MAP: http://www.kuurne-brussel-kuurne.be/files/media/parcourselite.jpg

Lots of fast guys here and the weather seems good for a bunch sprint. On the other hand, Trek, Sky, QuickStep, BMC, Lotto Soudal, Astana and Team Sagan should have no interest in a bunch sprint so we should see an aggressive race.

The favorite for me is Groenewegen with Kristoff and Demare second. Then Bouhanni, Sagan and Coquard and then a group of the classics riders like Van Avermaet, Benoot, Felline, Naesen, Theuns, Stuyven etc., then the weaker sprinters like Van Poppel, McLay, Colbrelli etc. and then finally all the outsiders.

Re:

RedheadDane said:
And Eurosport in Denmark isn't showing it because of stupid Bundesliga. :(
Home of cycling. :Neutral:

Boonen not riding eliminates the chance of QS playing it conservatively. Its a shame he won't ride, but I think this will make for a better race. A lot of teams doesn't really have a reliable sprinter either.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Lots of attacks, but everything still together. Average sped of 48,5km/h in the first hour. Good to see how these openings have just become the norm in cobbled classics :D

Re:

Maaaaaaaarten said:
Debusschere out with a light concussion though. Benoot wasn't originally on the startlist but he fills in for Debusschere.
Ah right, thanks for the info. So I guess Benoot is not feeling too great either if he's only last minute replacement.

Hope we get a much smaller group after the Kwaremont this time - make the sprinters work really hard if they want to have any chance in the finale.

TRENDING THREADS