• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne, 26/02/'17, 200.7k

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
DFA123 said:
Maaaaaaaarten said:
tomorrow said:
Trentin ftw, sagan back to training again.

Yeah lol the only reason Sagan ever doesn't win a race is because he doesn't want to. As amazing an athlete as Sagan is, this Sagan worship is getting ridiculous. :rolleyes:
It is a bit ridiculous.. he's only won one monument in 5 years as a pro, it's hardly as if he's in a position to treat big classics and semi-classics like training rides. For all his talent, he's just not that good tactically.
First of all, I was joking a little bit when saying he,s back to training.

But exactly, he's won nearly every semiclassic and classic, so he needs to concentrate on monuments.

Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
portugal11 said:
Sagan was by far the strongest
Looked that way, but the others made it pretty easy for him in the end. No-one on his wheel with 300m to go is a bit of a major error from all four.

You can see why riders like Benoot and Rowe never actually win anything.

Yet again, the others were focused on making Sagan lose more than in winning themselves. That they allowed the pace to drop with 2k to go and risk being caught just so that Sagan would be taking the pull to the line proves it. Until Trentin attacked (for which he is being criticized) I was convinced hey were trying to tire Peter out so as to beat him in the sprint. Everyone in that group deserved this result but Matteo, I don't understand why he is being slagged.

Sagan just called their bluff - showed his experience in these kind of finales. Trentin panicked when he looked over and saw the bunch; Rowe and Benoot let the kms tick down too long before trying anything and Stuyven lost concentration at the crucial point and let Sagan's wheel go.

Impressive win for Sagan, especially after the hard efforts yesterday, but I bet he couldn't believe his luck at how that last km played out.

BigMac said:
DFA123 said:
portugal11 said:
Looked that way, but the others made it pretty easy for him in the end. No-one on his wheel with 300m to go is a bit of a major error from all four.

Yet again, the others were focused on making Sagan lose more than in winning themselves. That they allowed the pace to drop with 2k to go and risk being caught just so that Sagan would be taking the pull to the line proves it. Until Trentin attacked (for which he is being criticized) I was convinced hey were trying to tire Peter out so as to beat him in the sprint. Everyone in that group deserved this result but Matteo, I don't understand why he is being slagged.
It was incredible to me that one of the other three didn't counter attack once Trentin was pulled back. Perhaps they were just completely dead by that point, but even in that situation, you have more chance of sneaking away than of challenging in a sprint.

BigMac said:
DFA123 said:
portugal11 said:

They weren't focused on making Sagan lose. They were hoping to not be the first to attack. They were very much focused on helping Sagan win.

TRENDING THREADS