Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne 3 march 2019 201 km

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Great display by Jungels and good team work by Quick Step. In the end those few seconds they slowed down the peloton after Drucker finished his workload bought the Luxemburger his victory.

When the gap was down to 25 seconds with 15 kilometers to go Cofidis simply missed the moment to immediately take over duties from Jumbo. Otherwise they certainly would've catched Jungels. Still his last 10 kilometers were almighty strong!
 
Re:

staubsauger said:
Great display by Jungels and good team work by Quick Step. In the end those few seconds they slowed down the peloton after Drucker finished his workload bought the Luxemburger his victory.

When the gap was down to 25 seconds with 15 kilometers to go Cofidis simply missed the moment to immediately take over duties from Jumbo. Otherwise they certainly would've catched Jungels. Still his last 10 kilometers were almighty strong!
Jungels still won with a decent enough advantage. Which Cofidis rider in top shape did I totally overlook this weekend that could have closed in on an extraordinarily strong Jungels?
 
Re:

tobydawq said:
Okay, Mitchelton-Scott want to bring back everything now (including Groenewegen and Ackermann), so Trentin can win the sprint?
Mitchelton Scott's issue is their classics squad lacks depth - On both days Trentin and Durbridge have made the early split but ideally you want a third or fourth rider in the split - This allows you to use one of your riders to work to bring the gap in the split - Not having a third rider in the split and having a full team in the second peleton meant MS had to make a choice - Use your five riders in the main peleton to bring back the leaders and then of course Ackermann, Groenewegen may be in play - Then when Trentin crashed with 25km, despite having a full team in the chasing peleton, they send back a 20 year Neo Pro to bring Trentin back, instead of using three riders - Then to cap it off you see Trentin struggling in the cars, so you assume the Neo-Pro Stannard had dropped out - Then you see the results and Stannard finished in 60th place with the peleton - One can guess that Trentin was injured - Anyway it was a bad day for the team.
 
Re: Re:

yaco said:
tobydawq said:
Okay, Mitchelton-Scott want to bring back everything now (including Groenewegen and Ackermann), so Trentin can win the sprint?
Mitchelton Scott's issue is their classics squad lacks depth - On both days Trentin and Durbridge have made the early split but ideally you want a third or fourth rider in the split - This allows you to use one of your riders to work to bring the gap in the split - Not having a third rider in the split and having a full team in the second peleton meant MS had to make a choice - Use your five riders in the main peleton to bring back the leaders and then of course Ackermann, Groenewegen may be in play - Then when Trentin crashed with 25km, despite having a full team in the chasing peleton, they send back a 20 year Neo Pro to bring Trentin back, instead of using three riders - Then to cap it off you see Trentin struggling in the cars, so you assume the Neo-Pro Stannard had dropped out - Then you see the results and Stannard finished in 60th place with the peleton - One can guess that Trentin was injured - Anyway it was a bad day for the team.
I agree with a lot of this but Brian Holm criticised them for sending Stannard down to Trentin because it would be easier for him to get back on his own. And they (Holm and the other commentator) said it was actually easier for him to spend time in the cars than being in the peloton.
 
Mar 14, 2009
3,436
0
0
Jungels has the engine and potential to be the next Boonen-Valverde combo.

Dear Bob, please stop wasting your time on those lame GTs and work on your sprinting instead. You can be the total one-day racer package.
 
Re:

Jancouver said:
Jungels has the engine and potential to be the next Boonen-Valverde combo.

Dear Bob, please stop wasting your time on those lame GTs and work on your sprinting instead. You can be the total one-day racer package.

I'm thinking maybe more Cancellara type. Give up GT GC, work on sprinting and TTs and he could be a top one day racer.
 
Not only did Deceuninck - Quick Step convincingly take the win with Jungels' impressive ride, and not only did they have two other riders in the top ten (at 5th and 6th), but with only Pieter Serry posting a DNF they were also the most intact team at the end of the race. Team Dimension Data didn't have a single rider finish.
 
Re:

christopherrowe said:
Not only did Deceuninck - Quick Step convincingly take the win with Jungels' impressive ride, and not only did they have two other riders in the top ten (at 5th and 6th), but with only Pieter Serry posting a DNF they were also the most intact team at the end of the race. Team Dimension Data didn't have a single rider finish.

So Dimension Data has zero riders finish the race and Movistar had two riders finish in the first group behind Jungels. That is interesting.
 
Re:

Jancouver said:
Jungels has the engine and potential to be the next Boonen-Valverde combo.

Dear Bob, please stop wasting your time on those lame GTs and work on your sprinting instead. You can be the total one-day racer package.
I fail to see any similarity to those two. Maybe new Terpstra, or somebody like that...
 
Re: Re:

Blanco said:
Jancouver said:
Jungels has the engine and potential to be the next Boonen-Valverde combo.

Dear Bob, please stop wasting your time on those lame GTs and work on your sprinting instead. You can be the total one-day racer package.
I fail to see any similarity to those two. Maybe new Terpstra, or somebody like that...
Jungels has done too much in the mountains to be compared to pure cobbled specialists.
 
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
Blanco said:
Jancouver said:
Jungels has the engine and potential to be the next Boonen-Valverde combo.

Dear Bob, please stop wasting your time on those lame GTs and work on your sprinting instead. You can be the total one-day racer package.
I fail to see any similarity to those two. Maybe new Terpstra, or somebody like that...
Jungels has done too much in the mountains to be compared to pure cobbled specialists.
Hincapie then.. :D
 
Mar 14, 2009
3,436
0
0
Re: Re:

Blanco said:
Jancouver said:
Jungels has the engine and potential to be the next Boonen-Valverde combo.

Dear Bob, please stop wasting your time on those lame GTs and work on your sprinting instead. You can be the total one-day racer package.
I fail to see any similarity to those two. Maybe new Terpstra, or somebody like that...
Jungels won U23 Paris-Roubaix and he also already won LBL so I would say those are some similarities.

... he can also TT better than Tom & Piti so maybe he can be even more versatile than those two.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY