• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

La Flèche Wallonne, April 23rd, 199K

Winner?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
La Flèche Wallonne, April 23rd, 199K

9_2014_.jpg

9_2014_.jpg

9_2014__F.jpg

Previous Winners:
2013 Daniel Moreno
2012 Joaquim Rodriguez
2011 Philippe Gilbert
2010 Cadel Evans
2009 Davide Rebellin
2008 Kim Kirchen
2007 Davide Rebellin
2006 Alejandro Valverde
2005 Danilo Di Luca
2004 Davide Rebellin

Startlist

I always look forward to this one. I know it all comes down to the final trip up the Mur but this finish is one of my favorites of the year.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
SafeBet said:
Meh after such a disappointing AGR I can't imagine how boring la fleche will be.

At least with Fleche we know what to expect. Pretty much always the same uphill sprint. So we don't have to get our hopes up that something really exciting will happen earlier.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Depends if the climb is raced hard from the start it will probably be between the pure climbers.
But if they climb it slowly Gilbert all the way for his treble!!!

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how Betancur's been doing? He had some illness earlier that seemed to put his Ardennes in doubt. Saw him at the back of the peloton early in AGR, but don't know where he finished.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Afrank said:
Anyone know how Betancur's been doing? He had some illness earlier that seemed to put his Ardennes in doubt. Saw him at the back of the peloton early in AGR, but don't know where he finished.

Something like 5 minutes back. He's got serious knee problems, so i doubt if he can do something the next two races.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Arredondo said:
Something like 5 minutes back. He's got serious knee problems, so i doubt if he can do something the next two races.

Too bad, would have been happy to see him do a couple places better then last year.

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hard to bet against Gilbert after today's performance.
He's got the form, experience, team... and, equally important, it looks like he doesn't have a rival.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Marco Pantani said:
Purito if racing, if not Gilbert.

Purito will be racing. He's got no serious injuries (no fractures). He's got Haematomes/contusions at breast level (ribs).

So i think he will be good, but something like last year. Not 100% yet at FW

Popchu said:
Mur de Huy too heavy for Gilbert. Top five maybe.

I don't know if Daniel Martin is OK, but he knows perfect how to ride the Mur.

And Gilbert doesn't? Why is it to heavy for Gilbert considering how he is doing and his results here in a not-so-distant past?

Alberto Rui Costa for the win.

BigMac said:
And Gilbert doesn't? Why is it to heavy for Gilbert considering how he is doing and his results here in a not-so-distant past?

Alberto Rui Costa for the win.
It's just too steep for Gilbert. Yes, he won in 2011, but he won literally everything that year. Of course he will be there Wednesday, but normally there is always someone better than Gilbert on Mur de Huy.