La Flèche Wallonne: April 24th, 2019

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win La Flèche Wallonne 2019?

• Adam Yates

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Alejandro Valverde

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Jakob Fuglsang

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jelle Vanendert

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Julian Alaphilippe

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • Maximilian Schachmann

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Michael Matthews

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Michal Kwiatkowski

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Romain Bardet

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 2, 2012
Salvarani said:
Why are there so many smartasses on this forum?
dreamers need a reality check..............

every year i watch as soon as race goes live.................'i love this race.....it's gonna be exciting'

then every year ............................shoulda just watched last huy ascent

bala to come good.....................yay!

Apr 20, 2012
Re:

Velolover2 said:
Wanna bet on the placings?

1. Yates (attack from the 350 m mark)
*gap*
2. Alaphilippe
3. Martin
4. Matthews
5. Schachmann
6. Valverde
7. Poels
8. Fuglsang
9. Bardet
10. Clarke
If Yates and Dan Martin are in the first positions at the start of the Mur they have a really chance but I don't see them capable of that. Dan Martin usually starts this climb in the back of the peloton. Adam usually stays there :)
I think it will be between Valverde and Alaphilippe with the likes of Martin, Yates and Vanendert battling for the 3rd sport.

Re:

Velolover2 said:
Wanna bet on the placings?

1. Yates (attack from the 350 m mark)
*gap*
2. Alaphilippe
3. Martin
4. Matthews
5. Schachmann
6. Valverde
7. Poels
8. Fuglsang
9. Bardet
10. Clarke
1. Alaphilippe
2. Lambrecht
3. Yates
4. Martin
5. Matthews
6. Konrad
7. Molard
8. Bardet
9. Madouas
10. Mollema

Re:

Laplaz said:
Sagan will start.
Yup, but judging from the Bora interviews broadcasted in slovak national tv, it will be just a training ride, I wouldn't be even surprised, if he wanted to get into BOTD, or into some late attack in last 80 or 60km to make some ground for schachmann.

May 12, 2015
Speaking of Sagan I'd love to see a high-profile rider with no hope of winning due to parcours animate the race in its early stages.

Why not try to get in the break?

After his crash a couple of weeks ago, Kwiatkowski showed in Amstel that he is peaking at the right time.

I like him better for LBL but if Alaphilippe is slightly off his game Kwiatkowski is absolutely capable of winning FW. When he was 3rd in 2014 it was the fastest ever ascent of the Mur, so he is one of the fastest ever up the Mur.

At 28-1 he is massive overs a great each way play.

OnTheRivet said:
Schachmann is the guy for a Fleche and LBL. He was one of the best at Amstel but tactically got it wrong.
I'm also team Schachmann for Fleche. I really think he can win this race. Although there are riders in front of him on paper. Mainly Alaphilippe, Yates, Valverde.

Re: Re:

Logic-is-your-friend said:
42x16ss said:
Betancur to take it with an attack of sheer beauty. Forum to go insane.
As of two months ago it is factually impossible for the forum to go insane, because as soon as 7 people are simultaniously posting something, the forum shuts down.
LOL, the forum crashed when I tried to reply to this posts and hour or so ago. :lol:

Now I understand why this forums shuts down much more often when I try to reply to something than when I just read.

Mar 14, 2009
Re: Re:

Anderis said:
Logic-is-your-friend said:
42x16ss said:
Betancur to take it with an attack of sheer beauty. Forum to go insane.
As of two months ago it is factually impossible for the forum to go insane, because as soon as 7 people are simultaniously posting something, the forum shuts down.
LOL, the forum crashed when I tried to reply to this posts and hour or so ago. :lol:

Now I understand why this forums shuts down much more often when I try to reply to something than when I just read.
Show some respect and stop crashing the forum! Do not post anything, you evil person! :D

Just finished watching a very exciting Tour of the Alps stage...now tuning into La Fleche and doing administrative stuff for work...at least that's what I'm telling myself. Ah, the freelance life!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts