• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

La Flèche Wallonne: April 24th, 2019

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win La Flèche Wallonne 2019?

• Adam Yates

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Alejandro Valverde

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Jakob Fuglsang

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jelle Vanendert

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Julian Alaphilippe

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • Maximilian Schachmann

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Michael Matthews

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Michal Kwiatkowski

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Romain Bardet

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re:

ppanther92 said:
****, Schachmann was bad. Why bury Formolo (who could have got about the same result) and why let Konrad (probably had a better result than Schachmann in him today) ride for 500-600m at the front in the finish, when you clearly don't have it?

You never know until the end how good you are in this race. Relax.

Also he was 5th, cmon

Clipboard.jpg

11. Valverde

Re:

armchairclimber said:
What a race! Alaphilippe is pretty sensational ... but hats of to Birdsong as well ... I can't remember seeing him in better shape.
You can't remember it because he has never been, actually not even close to be honest. Maybe Dauphine 2017 the closest, but he has been the 2-3rd best rider in this spring behind Julian and.. Van der Poel?

Re:

ppanther92 said:
****, Schachmann was bad. Why bury Formolo (who could have got about the same result) and why let Konrad (probably had a better result than Schachmann in him today) ride for 500-600m at the front in the finish, when you clearly don't have it?

Yeah, 5th is really bad :rolleyes:

Don't think either of them (Konrad and Formolo) could have done any better. Formolo will lead them at L-B-L and Konrad hasn't shown the form that Schachmann has yet.

Re: Re:

WKA311 said:
ppanther92 said:

Yeah, 5th is really bad :rolleyes:

Don't think either of them (Konrad and Formolo) could have done any better. Formolo will lead them at L-B-L and Konrad hasn't shown the form that Schachmann has yet.
Schachmann was this year's Dan Martin / Igor Anton. In about 20th when Fuglsang made his move and finished 5th. Although that was still a long way behind the podium position and he wasn't quite as good as I thought he would be

Salvarani said:
Lequack said:
Will Fuglsang win the Tour de France?

Who knows? In this form? If Thomas can win?

Route is good for him with not a lot of TT. Astana should have a good team for TTT.

I like how Thomas winning gave ppl the hope back riders who have been trying for years now can still pull it off in the later stages of their career.

It used to be just 3-4 riders one would clasify as gt winner material.

Certainly makes for an interesting dynamic.

scapewalker said:
Salvarani said:
Lequack said:
Will Fuglsang win the Tour de France?

Who knows? In this form? If Thomas can win?

Route is good for him with not a lot of TT. Astana should have a good team for TTT.

I like how Thomas winning gave ppl the hope back riders who have been trying for years now can still pull it off in the later stages of their career.

It used to be just 3-4 riders one would clasify as gt winner material.

Certainly makes for an interesting dynamic.

Fuglsang does not have Thomas TT
Also Fuglsang does not cut it on the long high climbs

What Fuglsang should be saying is how can I win LBL,Lombardy and the Worlds ...this is his terrain if he can shake Alaphilippe & MVdP

Re:

Logic-is-your-friend said:
Lambrecht 4th, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

great tactics, as predicted by Lotto. Making him work at 30K from the finish, their best bet to get the podium. Haha. Clueless team.

Stop crying. That "attack" on the 2nd Mur was Lambrechts own choice and in the end Lotto's plan was to be in front with all 3 of them and Vanendert in first position (as said before the race). Wellens literally dropped back just before the Mur to get Lambrecht to the front but he didn't follow all the way through. Not the teams fault.

That being said, he impressed me even more then in the Amstel today. Being one of the strongest uphill is what I like to see. I'm just hoping that his back problems aren't gonna *** up his progression in the future. Liege next, should suit him but weather is expected to be pretty bad.