La Route d'Occitanie 2019 (2.1, 20.06 - 23.06)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Shut I just realized how skinny Valverde is looking now. Yikes!
Maybe he is really ready for the Tour. He said that he was thinking about the possibility of losing time on purpose in order to get some glory. I have never seen him do that so I am not sure if he is really capable of that. For Movistar's interest he should be kept high on GC as well as long as possible. Because Landa and Quintana go to the Tour with big question marks.

Re:

Escarabajo said:
Maybe he is really ready for the Tour. He said that he was thinking about the possibility of losing time on purpose in order to get some glory. I have never seen him do that so I am not sure if he is really capable of that. For Movistar's interest he should be kept high on GC as well as long as possible. Because Landa and Quintana go to the Tour with big question marks.

He's skinnier than I can remember seeing him before.
The last time he said he was going to lose time on purpose to be able to get into breaks later he never actually got around to losing that time and ended up finishing inside the top 10. That was 2016. Until he actually does it, I'm with you in not being sure he's actually capable of doing it even if that's what he's saying he wants to do. I have no doubt that is what he wants to do right now, but put him in the actual race situation and I'm not sure his brain works that way to allow him to actually lose the time intentionally.

Re: Re:

Koronin said:
Escarabajo said:

He's skinnier than I can remember seeing him before.
The last time he said he was going to lose time on purpose to be able to get into breaks later he never actually got around to losing that time and ended up finishing inside the top 10. That was 2016. Until he actually does it, I'm with you in not being sure he's actually capable of doing it even if that's what he's saying he wants to do. I have no doubt that is what he wants to do right now, but put him in the actual race situation and I'm not sure his brain works that way to allow him to actually lose the time intentionally.
Well, we'll know already at Planche des Belle Files stage. It's ideal stage to lose time if he wants.

ASK THE COMMUNITY