• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

La Vuelta '17 stage 3:Prades Conflent>Andorra la Vella 158km

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

yaco said:
dirkprovin said:
Oliver said:
Majka said after Pologne that he was tired en won't go for the GC. That can explain his timeloss yesterday.

About Yates brothers, I think they are still on their limits against the big names in top form that's why they follow wheels. If they feel they can't lose that much they try something at the end of the race. Actually it would be nicer Simon goes for some stages after Tour de France.

Meintjes... I don't think he will get better.

Poels, always talking about GC but he just can't do it in a grand tour. He will be there in 3th week and Lombardije.

Re Yates brothers, I strongly suspect that top 5 - top 10 is their ceiling as regards GTs. Simon, I do think, is the more adventurous of the two but realistically he's likely to be dropping off over the next week or so and is unlikely to be a GC factor here given that he looked to be running on empty at the end of the Tour. Adam is more along the lines of Meintjes and certainly needs to learn to ride far better position at all times.

Meintjes' limit realistically is what we've seen ... lower rungs of the top10 barring an extraordinarily weak field or one where many of the peak contenders don't finish. To his credit, although its not one that may be aesthetically pleasing; he knows what works for him and what his limitations are .... he is a grinder rather than someone who has the capacity to make the big moves.

A challenging question - Who is the better rider Simon or Adam ? Who will end with the best palmares ? Who will be the better GC rider ? Their performance levels to date are similar - Think Adam may be a better GC rider and Adam a better One day racer, although their results are currently the opposite to my suggestion.
Thanks, that cleared things up ;) :p

Re: Re:

kingjr said:
yaco said:
dirkprovin said:
Oliver said:
Majka said after Pologne that he was tired en won't go for the GC. That can explain his timeloss yesterday.

About Yates brothers, I think they are still on their limits against the big names in top form that's why they follow wheels. If they feel they can't lose that much they try something at the end of the race. Actually it would be nicer Simon goes for some stages after Tour de France.

Meintjes... I don't think he will get better.

Poels, always talking about GC but he just can't do it in a grand tour. He will be there in 3th week and Lombardije.

Re Yates brothers, I strongly suspect that top 5 - top 10 is their ceiling as regards GTs. Simon, I do think, is the more adventurous of the two but realistically he's likely to be dropping off over the next week or so and is unlikely to be a GC factor here given that he looked to be running on empty at the end of the Tour. Adam is more along the lines of Meintjes and certainly needs to learn to ride far better position at all times.

Meintjes' limit realistically is what we've seen ... lower rungs of the top10 barring an extraordinarily weak field or one where many of the peak contenders don't finish. To his credit, although its not one that may be aesthetically pleasing; he knows what works for him and what his limitations are .... he is a grinder rather than someone who has the capacity to make the big moves.

A challenging question - Who is the better rider Simon or Adam ? Who will end with the best palmares ? Who will be the better GC rider ? Their performance levels to date are similar - Think Adam may be a better GC rider and Adam a better One day racer, although their results are currently the opposite to my suggestion.
Thanks, that cleared things up ;) :p

It's one of the more challenging questions to answer - The brother's performances are at a similar level - May find out when they are in different teams.