• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lampre, is it the new Rock Racing?

Mellow Velo said:
I duuno about that.
Asthma Jet refusing to talk to the ongoing police investigation.
I bet we haven't heard the last of the mountain retreat pharmacy bust.

I doubt it would dissuade a single person from doping but I just wish it was one and done in this sport. At least I wouldn't have to look at them in 2 years. I take no joy in Asthma Jet beating Thor out of green and refusing to talk to the police a week later, its BS!

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
I doubt it would dissuade a single person from doping but I just wish it was one and done in this sport. At least I wouldn't have to look at them in 2 years. I take no joy in Asthma Jet beating Thor out of green and refusing to talk to the police a week later, its BS!

II feel the same about watching Vino attack to win stages and leading Contador up a mountain in the tour or being in contention at the Giro.

What would 1 and done bring: No more Valverde, no more Ricco, no more Vino, no AsthmaJet, no more Kashekin, no more Miller time, or so many of them.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
jd_09toustg2_ball_600.jpg
saronni1.jpg

You ask Giuseppe and he’ll tell you: the sport is going to hell in a hand-basket. The doping tests, the whereabouts checks, the biological passport — how’s a rider supposed to “prep” for races? Danilo di Luca banned, Rebellin gone, where are the heroes? And all the UCI cares about is paperwork. In his day, men were men and lawyers just dealt with keeping the cost of the mistress hidden.

Now, all is lost.

You can almost see Lampre manager Giuseppe Saronni throwing up his hands
— “What, Mr. McQuaid, we had that nice cappuccino together, I introduced you to my beautiful mistress and we toured my friends’ Tuscan winery. What more do you need?”
http://www.atwistedspoke.com/2010/01/25/4361/

So Di Luca & Rebellin are on their way in.
spook.gif

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Lampre is raising some serious red flags, I agree, but, honestly, I'd worry about Liquigas before them.

In general the whole of Italian cycling is going to smithereens. It all depends on where the Cobra will go now :p what nest of vipers will he begin to invade? ;)