• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lampre: Petacchi suspect in doping network Bernucci.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Beech Mtn said:
CyclingNews latest article claims Santambrogio (now at BMC) is also being investigated. Also Guido Bontempi (now a DS at Astana) and Dr. Andrea Andreazzoli (now Astana doctor).

Remember Alberto's get-out clause?

just kill me now!:eek::(

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
If the two Italians go down, they might as well hand their invites back.

They won't have to. ASO will yank their invite as soon as there's enough evidence -- make way for the brothers Feillu!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
What is it with Cadel?
As soon as anyone signs him some domestique help, they get busted for doping!
If the two Italians go down, they might as well hand their invites back.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that people get busted for doping at every single team he rides for

22141-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Yellow-Emoticon-Face-With-A-Tight-Mouth-Whistling-Tunes.jpg

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Beech Mtn said:
CyclingNews latest article claims Santambrogio (now at BMC) is also being investigated. Also Guido Bontempi (now a DS at Astana) and Dr. Andrea Andreazzoli (now Astana doctor).

Remember Alberto's get-out clause?

I got Cycling News to correct part of that. The Director Sportif La Gazzetta named was Fabrizio Bontempi of Lampre, not Astana's Guido.

The escape clause had to do with riders testing positive, but after reading an article at Astanafans some time ago, I'm not sure the clause actually exists. Remember, a lot of press printed that Alberto wanted it in writing that Vino wouldn't be on the Tour team, and that was totally made up.

Now I'm worried about Dr. AA, though

issoisso said:
I'm sure it's just a coincidence that people get busted for doping at every single team he rides for

22141-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Yellow-Emoticon-Face-With-A-Tight-Mouth-Whistling-Tunes.jpg

I think you are confusing Cadel with Lance Armstrong. Has there ever been a cyclist that has had as many team mates go positive? Usually just after they leave his cloak of secrecy.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Nick777 said:
I think you are confusing Cadel with Lance Armstrong. Has there ever been a cyclist that has had as many team mates go positive? Usually just after they leave his cloak of secrecy.

Sadly, only one rider has actually been busted while at the same team as Armstrong.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Talking about Italians, and as a totally inapropriate off threader, what has Basso been up to lately?

I wonder how deep Petacchi and Cunego are in this doping ring. Pettachi was already caught before, and Cunego has shown such a form decrease over the last couple of years that most, including himself, believed he weaned himself off the goods.

Didn't he even have a tattoo saying he is anti-doping?

Ballan's performance in the last 1-2 years has been staggering as well, so I was under the impression that he had been using less than he was using before. Fear of the bio passport?

On the other hand, they might still all want to make a quick buck by selling the goods...

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Talking about Italians, and as a totally inapropriate off threader, what has Basso been up to lately?

He's hanging out with his buddy Kreuziger!;) I applaud the Italian authorities doping stance as it would not be an easy thing to expose some of their nations big sports stars. They have made the hard, right choice whereas the spanish always seem to make the easy, wrong choice.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
luckyboy said:
From the looks of it, it was a stick-on thing.

image_preview

I've seen links that says the website sells the tattoos for 1Euro, so they must be..

Now that's taking a firm stance against doping. A 1E sticker on your forearm (to cover the injection marks? ;)

Speaking of Petacchi, the comeback of Cavendish to sprinting greatness at age 36 at this year's Tour (2021) so reminds me of Petacchi's own return to glory (and green!) at the 2010 Tour de France, when he also was 36 years old!

s20gall-PETACCHI-CAVENDISH-ys-roadbikeaction.jpg
Petacchi himself was back commentating for Italian TV at the Italian NC after his Operation Aderlass related ban has ended.

Age wise it's similar, but Petacchi was still winning sprints against Cav and Farrar at the Giro in 2009, unlike Cav he was actually competitive one year earlier.

Reactions: joe_papp

TRENDING THREADS