• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance and Levi Discuss Stage 7

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
McClimber said:
That is awesome.

Check this one out too.

Is Radio Shack just trying the biggest bluff in Tour history. The better get their a$$ in gear and throw down.

http://www.steephill.tv/players/versus4/?title=tdf-2010-st7-leipheimer&id=99G4eqYZe9MUQkPrtpyTLpxChs0e05QA/500/720/

Yeah I get the feeling they might be bluffing and they've got some reserve power up their sleeves.:rolleyes: Although I didnt actually see the stage, but Levi doesnt look all that smoked does he ..? Not like you would expect a guy to look whose getting shelled out the ar$e in the TdF.

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
enrecul said:
yeah i think so too. Kloden soft pedalled all day i expect to see him towing armstrong up morzine at speed today
Yeah right :rolleyes: the oldest trick in the DS book is to let your GC contenders deliberately lose time without having to. :eek:

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Klöden was a GC contender last year - with the same DS and with both Contador and Armstrong in the same team. Now you suggest that Geriatric Schack will limit their GC possibilities deliberately. You really also think Fuglsang slowed down because of af team order, sparing himself for the day to come.

Losing time on purpose is something ambitious riders do only if they plan to go for a stage victory later.

ulrikmm said:
Klöden was a GC contender last year - with the same DS and with both Contador and Armstrong in the same team. Now you suggest that Geriatric Schack will limit their GC possibilities deliberately. You really also think Fuglsang slowed down because of af team order, sparing himself for the day to come.

Losing time on purpose is something ambitious riders do only if they plan to go for a stage victory later.

Kloden was only stated to be a GC contender last year to prevent AC ripping the race apart and/or make AC look bad on that particular stage. Grand scheme to dominate the podum my a*se. All part of the plan to soft-tap in LA's favour.

This year the Shack have limited their GC possibilities - it's all about LA. Always was, always will be.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Losing time is not a good idea.

Winning margins in recent time.

8" 1989 Greg LeMond – Laurent Fignon
23” 2007 Alberto Contador – Cadel Evans
32" 2006 Óscar Pereiro – Andreas Klöden
58" 2008 Carlos Sastre – Cadel Evans
1'01" 2003 Lance Armstrong – Jan Ullrich
2’46” 2005 Lance Armstrong – Ivan Basso

We are not just talking TODAY but stage 3. Radio Shack sucked badly. LA losing time and the rest of RS out the back.

Klöden has been 2nd twice. Don’t forget. There is BIG money on any results.

I am not even bringing up how close the top 5 has been. I said it already, contenders better start to throw down and not “wait and see” like Levi says.

May 22, 2010
Visit site
McClimber said:
I am not even bringing up how close the top 5 has been. I said it already, contenders better start to throw down and not “wait and see” like Levi says.
he was saying that contenders wouldn't want to fire all their ammo in the first two weeks, not that they could afford to lose time.

May 30, 2010
Visit site
kloden

i am sure Lance can surpass any fee kloden might take for making the podium, to sacrafice his chances to support LA. yesterday should have been gravy for Kloden, and the reason they gave is the bunk bed he slept in the night before......come on people.

Kloden to make miraculous recovery today....mark my words

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
enrecul said:
yeah i think so too. Kloden soft pedalled all day i expect to see him towing armstrong up morzine at speed today

I think Kloden was playing possum and losing time so that he can go in a break today. With him in the break, Astana and Leekygas and BMC will have to work to keep the lead from getting to big, and then he is up there to pace Lance/Levi if they jump and get away solo.

It is kind of like Cunego saying he lost time intentionally so the contenders would let him go in a break.

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
McClimber said:
We are not just talking TODAY but stage 3. Radio Shack sucked badly. LA losing time and the rest of RS out the back.

Yes, they are terrible with only 4 guys in the top 24 of the race. I mean, there are several other teams with 5 or 6 guys in the top 25 right now :)

Oh, and you mention Kloden's loss to Pierrioro (or however you spell it), isn't it interesting that he would have been tour champion had his T-Mobile squad actually ridden a bit on stage 13 when they let Perro get a 29 min, 57 second time gain instead of working with Phonak to control the gap?

McClimber said:
That is awesome.

Check this one out too.

Is Radio Shack just trying the biggest bluff in Tour history. The better get their a$$ in gear and throw down.

http://www.steephill.tv/players/versus4/?title=tdf-2010-st7-leipheimer&id=99G4eqYZe9MUQkPrtpyTLpxChs0e05QA/500/720/

Are they programmed not to mention any other rider except Contador? It´s amazing how Levi leaves out Schleck and Evans. Like last year the whole team have a pre-written press blurb; focus on this, say nothing about that ect. Maybe we´ll hear even more about Lance´s saddlesore. I mean, if everyone in the peloton talked about their saddlesores, there´d be almost no one left.

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Squares said:
I think Kloden was playing possum and losing time so that he can go in a break today. With him in the break, Astana and Leekygas and BMC will have to work to keep the lead from getting to big, and then he is up there to pace Lance/Levi if they jump and get away solo.

It is kind of like Cunego saying he lost time intentionally so the contenders would let him go in a break.
For that, people usually lose more than 10 min - so they are no longer a GC threat.

TRENDING THREADS