• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance Apologist Bingo

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'd give credit were credit is due, but it seems Keyser Soze came up with this. I saw it on nyvelocity, who stole it from someone, who stole it from someone else...

fmo1uu.jpg

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Can someone please make a haters-bingo ?

With "Lance won´t ride the tour", "Lance will go to prison", "LeMond rode cleaner tham clean", "be a whole season peaker isn´t suspect, but concentrating on some events is", "Lance just wants money and hates everyone, even his kids", "Lance is a bad person and even a bad cyclist without talent" and so on....

But won´t be so much fun for most people, so I won´t wait for it.
Will be deleted or threadclosed ("at the right point"---->close thread when hate is on its peak) by the very, very neutral and objective Admins and Mods anyway.
Oh, yes. I understood very well and fast, whats going on here. Couldn´t believe that some persons here are in dominat and responsible "positions" of the forum, when I saw, what they wrote/write.

Just be a hater and you will be fine - seems to be the guideline and first rule for users.
Hmmmmh :rolleyes:
Another kind of Omerta, and "witchhuntcentral supported by responsibles" would be understatement. Don´t like that and its so f****** obvious.
All for the "good and true" fight. Oh, man. So many good and honest people here - can´t believe it. Must be the paradise.

So, how is my analyze of "things going on here" ?

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:

With "Lance won´t ride the tour", "Lance will go to prison", "LeMond rode cleaner tham clean", "be a whole season peaker isn´t suspect, but concentrating on some events is", "Lance just wants money and hates everyone, even his kids", "Lance is a bad person and even a bad cyclist without talent" and so on....

<blah blah blah blah>

We're all very glad that you believe in miracles. Since the rest of us aren't suffering from idol-worship syndrome, we live in reality.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
+1 I'd like to see that one too. I can take a joke, and hope that most of my fellow haters around here can, too (although some, I"m not so sure about).

Cobblestoned said:
With "Lance won't . . .

blah blah blah

. . . must be the pardise.

Your analysis is a bit whiny and rambling - and your sarcasm doesn't really work. Also, I find it a bit too stream-of-consciousness. You asked.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
jimmypop said:
We're all very glad that you believe in miracles. Since the rest of us aren't suffering from idol-worship syndrome, we live in reality.

Not in reality - in your own haterreality.

You will never see me writing that Lance is/was clean or that you are a cancerlover or something.
But whats mostly going on here is just disgusting and far from reality.

"Ah, he doesn´t applause to the haters thoughts and is critical about them - he must be a stupid fanboy"

I dont expect applause for my opinions. But I won´t applaude the haters or fanboys, and never will. The truth is in the middle - thats where my area is. And I want to discuss in this area.
But seems to be difficult and nearly unimpossible with so many haters and their followers in here.

Come on. Its so easy. Just jump over your own shadow and give a shi* on what you wrote yesterday.
Its the biggest problem of forums: pigheadedness

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
jimmypop said:
Agreed. Got a mirror handy?

Don´t need one, because i am soooo beautiful from nature.

I would be the last one, who wouldn´t stretch his hand to a hater, that comes out of his corner with "positive" intensions.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
Another kind of Omerta, and "witchhuntcentral supported by responsibles" would be understatement. Don´t like that and its so f****** obvious.
All for the "good and true" fight. Oh, man. So many good and honest people here - can´t believe it. Must be the paradise.

Not so well. The sharp / extreme language and name-calling is not effective in winning a point. Humor, logic and persuasiveness works better. Maybe you should come up with that hater's bingo?

As they say in the legal profession, "When the law is against you, argue the facts. When the facts are against you, argue the law. When both are against you, attack the plaintiff."

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
But I won´t applaude the haters or fanboys, and never will. The truth is in the middle - thats where my area is. And I want to discuss in this area.
Where does that put the ones of us who don't feel 'hate' but 'disgust'?

The spectrum is not simply hate/love... and being disgusted by the guy doesn't feel to me as being "in the middle".

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
Not in reality - in your own haterreality.

You will never see me writing that Lance is/was clean or that you are a cancerlover or something.
But whats mostly going on here is just disgusting and far from reality.

"Ah, he doesn´t applause to the haters thoughts and is critical about them - he must be a stupid fanboy"

I dont expect applause for my opinions. But I won´t applaude the haters or fanboys, and never will. The truth is in the middle - thats where my area is. And I want to discuss in this area.
But seems to be difficult and nearly unimpossible with so many haters and their followers in here.

Come on. Its so easy. Just jump over your own shadow and give a shi* on what you wrote yesterday.
Its the biggest problem of forums: pigheadedness

The truth is in the middle?

Surely the truth is the correct and factual account of events as they happen.

Also - if the mods/admins are so biased here, why are you allowed post?

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
The truth is in the middle?

Surely the truth is the correct and factual account of events as they happen.

Also - if the mods/admins are so biased here, why are you allowed post?

Easy to answer. They want to avoid inbreeding. :D
Otherwise the haters (would) start to hate each other at some point, because they are bored.

Seen it all...

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
Easy to answer. They want to avoid inbreeding. :D
Otherwise the haters (would) start to hate each other at some point, because they are bored.

Seen it all...

Are you suggesting that there is inbreeding going on in the Livestrong forum then? As all the views there seem to be one sided.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
callac said:
Where does that put the ones of us who don't feel 'hate' but 'disgust'?

The spectrum is not simply hate/love... and being disgusted by the guy doesn't feel to me as being "in the middle".

It puts you right there where you think it should.

I just have problem with these many outrageous and tasteless things which are far, far from reality and no more "humor", and that are "tolerated" here.
"Tolerating" would be ok, but it seems "supported" and "encouraged" by some Mods and the Admin.
I don´t wonder about that any more, but I first couldn´t believe what I saw here and there. :eek:
Everything clear now.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Are you suggesting that there is inbreeding going on in the Livestrong forum then? As all the views there seem to be one sided.

Is this a cycling forum here, or what ?
There is no need for breeding at the Livestrong forum, because it´s the Livestrong forum.

A

Anonymous

So what relevance does this "bingo" game have in The Clinic?

There is no real discussion, nor was it meant for one. Just a thread to bash someone.

Weak-sauce...

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Gee333 said:
So what relevance does this "bingo" game have in The Clinic?

There is no real discussion, nor was it meant for one. Just a thread to bash someone.

Weak-sauce...

You haven't been paying attention to Cobblestones' insightful posts. Hammer meet nail.

I'm really surprised the advertisers on this site put up with it. It reminds me of the mayor in Animal House saying to Dean Wormer to "take care of that zoo fraternity" that was wreaking havoc on the town. When a casual reader of the articles and ads on this site wanders into the clinic I can imagine the WTF moment.

A

Anonymous

ChrisE said:
You haven't been paying attention to Cobblestones' insightful posts. Hammer meet nail.

I'm really surprised the advertisers on this site put up with it. It reminds me of the mayor in Animal House saying to Dean Wormer to "take care of that zoo fraternity" that was wreaking havoc on the town. When a casual reader of the articles and ads on this site wanders into the clinic I can imagine the WTF moment.

Uh, dude, yes I have. And he's the reason I wrote what I did. I support his thoughts...

Cobblestoned said:
Is this a cycling forum here, or what ?

And this thread has nothing to do with Clinic material. Just the OP's way of bashing someone he doesn't like instead of starting a discussion on a Clinic topic. Maybe you haven't been paying attention...

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Gee333 said:
Uh, dude, yes I have. And he's the reason I wrote what I did. I support his thoughts...

And this thread has nothing to do with Clinic material. Just the OP's way of bashing someone he doesn't like instead of starting a discussion on a Clinic topic. Maybe you haven't been paying attention...

Where else should it go?
The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

TRENDING THREADS