• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance Apologist Bingo

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Gee333 said:
Uh, dude, yes I have. And he's the reason I wrote what I did. I support his thoughts...

And this thread has nothing to do with Clinic material. Just the OP's way of bashing someone he doesn't like instead of starting a discussion on a Clinic topic. Maybe you haven't been paying attention...

Uh, sorry. I am still learning. :D

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Gee333 said:
And this thread has nothing to do with Clinic material. Just the OP's way of bashing someone he doesn't like instead of starting a discussion on a Clinic topic.

....the bingo card doesn't bash Big Tex? I'm not totally surprised you don't understand its intent. Hits a little close to home, I guess...

I posted it because it's really f'ing funny! You should really print out a card and play sometime. You may do pretty well.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
131313 said:
I posted it because it's really f'ing funny! You should really print out a card and play sometime. You may do pretty well.

It is funny in that all those apologies are real - we have heard them all:)

However, a "Lance Attack" Bingo card would most likely fill in faster - at least here in the clinic.....

"Lance will look good in stripes"

"Did you read the Ashenden article?"

"Public Strategies is working overtime"

"Lance is a Donkey"

"EPO transformed Lance"

"Ignore the troll"

"Lance bribed the UCI $500,000"

"Other dopers are OK because they served their time"

"Lance is hiding behind Cancer"

"Lance sucked in his early TdFs"

"Lance could not climb before EPO"

"Lance could not TT before EPO"

"There are better Cancer Charities to donate to"

"That is just part of the Armstrong Myth"

"Lance tested positive in 1999"

"Why don't you ask Simeoni or Bassons about that?"

"There will be asterisks on his wins"

"Did you read Walsh's book?"

"I used to be a fanboy"

A

Anonymous

Dr. Maserati said:
Where else should it go?

In the trash. Or General if you have to put it somehwere. It's clearly a bash Lance thread. Yeah, yeah, Doper, et al. All for fun, etc... But there is no intent to discuss Clinic materials. Just plain bashing.

So unless there is a Lance-only thread (that was asked for a while back, but denied) it has no place in the Clinic.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:

However, a "Lance Attack" Bingo card would most likely fill in faster - at least here in the clinic.....

sorry, but that just isn't that funny! Your list is whining harder than LeMond!

When it comes to the funny, Lance Apologist Bingo wins hands-down.

Maybe silent assassin can print up some jerseys with this on it, since the "28's" are all gone?

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
That is where the folks who say "I know Lance is a doper and an unmitigated jerk in his dealings with others but he is just so darn plucky and awesome that I can forget about those things and worship him like the all time greatest that he is.
does this description include your bud, chrissee ?;)

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:

"Lance will look good in stripes"

"Did you read the Ashenden article?"

"Public Strategies is working overtime"

"Lance is a Donkey"

"EPO transformed Lance"

"Ignore the troll"

"Lance bribed the UCI $500,000"

"Other dopers are OK because they served their time"

"Lance is hiding behind Cancer"

"Lance sucked in his early TdFs"

"Lance could not climb before EPO"

"Lance could not TT before EPO"

"There are better Cancer Charities to donate to"

"That is just part of the Armstrong Myth"

"Lance tested positive in 1999"

"Why don't you ask Simeoni or Bassons about that?"

"There will be asterisks on his wins"

"Did you read Walsh's book?"

"I used to be a fanboy"

Allright Polish...I did not think you were paying attention....oops wait...
BINGO
what do I win?

A

Anonymous

25k23d5.png

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
callac said:
Where does that put the ones of us who don't feel 'hate' but 'disgust'?

The spectrum is not simply hate/love... and being disgusted by the guy doesn't feel to me as being "in the middle".

We had a wan on Joe Duffy's Liveline last year an' she was "disgustified".
The funniest pisquote I've ever heard

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
Not in reality - in your own haterreality.

You will never see me writing that Lance is/was clean or that you are a cancerlover or something.
But whats mostly going on here is just disgusting and far from reality.

"Ah, he doesn´t applause to the haters thoughts and is critical about them - he must be a stupid fanboy"

I dont expect applause for my opinions. But I won´t applaude the haters or fanboys, and never will. The truth is in the middle - thats where my area is. And I want to discuss in this area.
But seems to be difficult and nearly unimpossible with so many haters and their followers in here.

Come on. Its so easy. Just jump over your own shadow and give a shi* on what you wrote yesterday.
Its the biggest problem of forums: pigheadedness
Why do people take the time to write about how much they dislike what's posted on this or any other forum? If you don't like it, screw off, go over to the RadioShack forums, I don't care. But please, just stfu with the whining already.

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
VeloCity said:
Why do people take the time to write about how much they dislike what's posted on this or any other forum? If you don't like it, screw off, go over to the RadioShack forums, I don't care. But please, just stfu with the whining already.

You guys are spoiling my game of Bingo.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
VeloCity said:

I am a cyclingfan, so what should I do at the RadioShack forum ?

Buy a walky-talky or what ?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
Can someone please make a haters-bingo ?

With "Lance won´t ride the tour", "Lance will go to prison", "LeMond rode cleaner tham clean", "be a whole season peaker isn´t suspect, but concentrating on some events is", "Lance just wants money and hates everyone, even his kids", "Lance is a bad person and even a bad cyclist without talent" and so on

Initially, I was hoping that this thread would turn into a great opportunity for both sides to list their favourite repeat quotes.

there are heaps of funny quotes on both sides (no matter which side you are on, they are still funny) but thanks to you, other than Polish making an attempt, everyone is instead going to wate time on the now standard us vs them arguments.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Martin318is said:
Initially, I was hoping that this thread would turn into a great opportunity for both sides to list their favourite repeat quotes.

there are heaps of funny quotes on both sides (no matter which side you are on, they are still funny) but thanks to you, other than Polish making an attempt, everyone is instead going to wate time on the now standard us vs them arguments.

First rule:
1. Admin is always right
2. If Admin isn´t right, then refer to rule Nr.1

So you are Admin and I won´t discuss with you. Just get some sockpuppet "normal"useraccount, than I will do and won´t complain about things going on here.

A

Anonymous

Cobblestoned said:
Can someone please make a haters-bingo ?

With "Lance won´t ride the tour", "Lance will go to prison", "LeMond rode cleaner tham clean", "be a whole season peaker isn´t suspect, but concentrating on some events is", "Lance just wants money and hates everyone, even his kids", "Lance is a bad person and even a bad cyclist without talent" and so on....

theres a much simpler version

2zexs3s.png

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
First rule:
1. Admin is always right
2. If Admin isn´t right, then refer to rule Nr.1

So you are Admin and I won´t discuss with you. Just get some sockpuppet "normal"useraccount, than I will do and won´t complain about things going on here.

Please ask around and see if others feel that I normally operate by either of those "rules" you just invented.

In the meantime, if you have complaints or general observations about topics other than the topic of this thread, please feel free to raise them in appropriate threads (in other words - not this one)