• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance appearing on Oprah next week

This looks like his intended platform for confession. Oprah will provide a much softer landing than other venues.

Now we get to wonder how he'll do it. The facial expressions, the exact words, etc. He's been thinking about this for a long time.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
You have to ask yourself, why is Onenut targeting a female audience?

I feel sick. I'm curious as all heck to find out what spin he can put on things, but, really, I can't contribute to O's ratings, web or otherwise.

Oh, is he getting paid for the interview? That'd be interesting to find out.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
formerlyfastfreddyp said:

I feel sick. I'm curious as all heck to find out what spin he can put on things, but, really, I can't contribute to O's ratings, web or otherwise.

Since this forum is heavily populated by guys, I have no idea what Lance's reputation is like amongst women.

I heard he got a bad rap for ditching kik for Sheryl. He seems a bit of a womaniser.

The interview I assume has already been held. LA probably set it up not too long after his world collapsed last October. If he has made any real confession, he must have cleared it first with his lawyers, i.e., figured out what he could and couldn’t say to avoid lawsuits. Around that time he also would have contacted Tygart, since if he’s going to confess to anything, he will want to use it for some benefit in the sanctions.

But what does he say that doesn’t expose him legally? And if he doesn’t confess to anything, what’s the point of the interview? Even as divorced from reality as he has apparently become, he can’t seriously believe he can have an interview with Oprah in which he continues to deny everything?

Even odds says he will wear his Speedo.

Dave.

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site

Have all these worries and more

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Armstrong will address the alleged doping scandal, years of accusations of cheating, and charges of lying about the use of performance-enhancing drugs throughout his storied cycling career.

Alleged doping scandal? There is nothing alleged about the scandal, Nike, Oakley Trek, not to mention Livestrong, dumped him. He must have noticed. I guess he'll say it is a witch hunt scandal.

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
GotDropped said:
Why do it? if he lies, no-one is going to believe him. what has he got to gain by telling the truth?

See his Twitter account and the Stava account mentioned in the Lance thread by Race Radio 2 days ago there are many believers out there..

Disgusting as it is these people want to believe - Santa does exist,, Not sure how i feel about lying to my son now (not about LA but about Santa)

Well, well, well . . . The inexorable pull of Oprah cannot be resisted.

And it is live, too . . .

Oprah's no dummy and she'd never betray her ultra-loyal fans by letting Lance get away with lying to them.

Lance had better come clean or Oprah is going to f***ing disembowel him!

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
LanceOprah2.jpg

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
So do we know if this is a "tell-all" as CN's headline says or Armstrong's going to stick to his story ?

Should be interesting either way.

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
MarkvW said:
Oprah's no dummy and she'd never betray her ultra-loyal fans by letting Lance get away with lying to them.

Lance had better come clean or Oprah is going to f***ing disembowel him!
you reckon?