• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance Armstron broke away on Tour Down Under!

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2009
Visit site
unsheath said:
FFS are you serious?? He also most likely wiped his **** this morning too.

Surprised there isn't a thread on that. Or what he had for breakfast, what he had for lunch on his training ride, what he had for dinner, and whether or not he got a root from his missus.

What the ****?

I hadn't watched the race yet, didn't you read the spoilers thread?

I'm devastated that this most critical point of the whole season has been revealed to me before I watched it. I would have been so excited to see the best cyclist ever putting on a clinic out the front, but I think you spoiled it for me.

Maybe we should've made a thread when Footon got up the front "Worst jersey ever is currently in 2nd place".

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
galeria21594-001.jpg

galeria21594-002.jpg

Atleast Lance looks like he is in very good shape.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
wattage said:
Atleast Lance looks like he is in very good shape.

Yeah, sure, except they are only going 28km/hr. It's only a warm-up race, remember?

Señor_Contador said:
Is that Oscar Pereiro in front? Man! They're already playing psyche games, tagging him to LA. LOL.

So what's that make...TWO guys in the break that will NEVER win the TdF ever again?

:D

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Steel4Ever said:
[...]So what's that make...TWO guys in the break that will NEVER win the TdF ever again? :D

Pretty much.

I think Astana is sending LA and Da Bítches, I mean Radio Shack, a message: We're gonna be all over you like white on rice.

By the time they get to the Tour Lance is going to have nightmares thinking about Alberto and his troops.

The good thing about Astana and Alberto is that they're doing all the talking on the bike, and not in front of a mike.

He ain't daft, just old.
Did the same at last year's TDU.
Get in a break, then sit in the pack and the fawning press will write you up an over the top, headline grabbing, load of over hyped twaddle, that will have the fanboys drooling.
The advantage of being the one name, most of these non-cycling hacks, know.
Meaningless.
It's going to be another, long season of such lunacy.

Mellow Velo said:
He ain't daft, just old.
Did the same at last year's TDU.
Get in a break, then sit in the pack and the fawning press will write you up an over the top, headline grabbing, load of over hyped twaddle, that will have the fanboys drooling.
The advantage of being the one name, most of these non-cycling hacks, know.
Meaningless.
It's going to be another, long season of such lunacy.

Very long season...

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Señor_Contador said:
Pretty much.

I think Astana is sending LA and Da Bítches, I mean Radio Shack, a message: We're gonna be all over you like white on rice.

By the time they get to the Tour Lance is going to have nightmares thinking about Alberto and his troops.

The good thing about Astana and Alberto is that they're doing all the talking on the bike, and not in front of a mike.

What message? The old guy can't sprint (plus I don't think he wants to) and they let him roll off the front? Astana and Katusha sent a message,get on our wheel and you will win, Sky listened to the message.

A

Anonymous

Oh god... one race into the season and already a "lance went for a **** this morning" thread...

Just how many threads are we going to rack up by the end of the year devoted to the guy..?

A

Anonymous

The thread might be stupid, but it is nowhere near the disdain I feel for announcers who pontificate about his chances of winning the current stage regardless of the profile of said stage. BTW, how many stages in the Giro and Tour did he win last year?...

Thoughtforfood said:
The thread might be stupid, but it is nowhere near the disdain I feel for announcers who pontificate about his chances of winning the current stage regardless of the profile of said stage. BTW, how many stages in the Giro and Tour did he win last year?...

I assume you mean other than the TTT. And I'm not trying to be a smart a$$. I just want to clarify you mean indvidual stage win.

A

Anonymous

Publicus said:
I assume you mean other than the TTT. And I'm not trying to be a smart a$$. I just want to clarify you mean indvidual stage win.

Yea, that's what I meant. Funniest part about the TTT for me was that the time was taken off of him and was just slow enough to keep him out of yellow. Poetic...

A

Anonymous

Se&#241 said:
Pretty much.

It wouldn't occur to Lance in a million years that calling Astana "the dregs," talking about his "dream team" in comparison with them, and trash-talking Contador, could have an effect in every race he rides, and possibly every one where both teams line up. He just never got a hang of the whole actions/consequences thing.

I don't know who will ride with Contador at Volta Ao Algarve, but Radio Shack has Leipheimer, Kloden, Paulinho, Vaitkus and Steegmans. They've moved the Time Trial to the last day, and it would be a great time to send a message.

The fun things is that while he's fixated on Contador, who's pretty much ignoring him, a lot of us will be comparing the progress of Team Radio Shack to that of Team Sky, who I suspect are going to prove to be a much better organization.

theswordsman said:
It wouldn't occur to Lance in a million years that calling Astana "the dregs," talking about his "dream team" in comparison with them, and trash-talking Contador, could have an effect in every race he rides, and possibly every one where both teams line up. He just never got a hang of the whole actions/consequences thing.

I don't know who will ride with Contador at Volta Ao Algarve, but Radio Shack has Leipheimer, Kloden, Paulinho, Vaitkus and Steegmans. They've moved the Time Trial to the last day, and it would be a great time to send a message.

The fun things is that while he's fixated on Contador, who's pretty much ignoring him, a lot of us will be comparing the progress of Team Radio Shack to that of Team Sky, who I suspect are going to prove to be a much better organization.

I actually don't think Pereiro's actions were about sending any message to Lance or Radio Shack. It looked to me the goal was to have HTC-Columbia, Team Sky and other big train teams to use up
their energy chasing down the rabbits. Neither Astana nor Radio Shack (or Liguigas or FDJ or CdE) have trains to setup their sprinters (or what passes for a sprinter on their teams), so they have to look for ways to chip into the train led teams advantage. Armstrong and Pereiro were just serving as rabbits so to speak.

It's not all about Radio Shack v Astana. Not yet anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.